Quote Originally Posted by teknosmurf View Post
I guess I am not seeing the point here. Is there a scenario where eating a hamburger or taking a trink might compromise the safety of flight? Not likely, and I rate it along the same lines of dangerous.
The question was is there a situation where safety of flight will be compromised if one does NOT text. The science of texting devices and distractions is well documented. Not really something that needs to be debated.

Just like communicating on the radio, you do it when you are free to do so safely.

However, unlike that bottle of water you are drinking that may make you have to pee, a timely text message to ask your buddy where the best place to taxi is for restroom access before you land is very helpful! Especially if you need to land at IWA and are unfamiliar with the grounds .

You eat because you have a moment, and you are hungry. You text because you have a moment and you need a ride from the airport.
Otherwise, all I can say is wow, just wow. How did I ever make it through life without texting someone a messsage about where I can pee. Nothing like having an alpha/numeric keypad to replace basic social skills.