Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UAVs

UAVs

Anyone heard anything about the FAA/feds putting 30,000 drones in the air this summer?

Not from anyone that isn't undermedicated with anti-psychotics. There will be more drones but nothing near that number.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Scott View Post
    Anyone heard anything about the FAA/feds putting 30,000 drones in the air this summer?

????????!!!!!!!--In my best Get Smart inflection, would ya believe 81.

https://www.eff.org/document/2012-fa...one-applicants

Well to be fair, that's 81 organizations that applied for UAV applications. They might each be putting 370 UAV's into the air.

Time to start sunbathing nude in the backyard just to cause serious disappointment and possibly incite therapy for their operators. That which is seen cannot be unseen, after all.

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I just saw a bit on CNN or one of the news news networks, the discussion was mostly about the Military uses where 98% of their drones are unarmed very light aircraft with micro video cameras. These things are very much like the giant scale model airplanes. There was one really neat electric powered UAV that was designed as a humming bird! Seems like all the local police would really like to get these little "spy" drones and in some cities the public is not happy with that idea. Right now there aren't many laws preventing anybody from buying, building, or flying these things, so we may see a new segment or division in EAA to cover that type of aviation interest!

Joe

You would be supprised at how small these things can.... bee....

I would want to know if the County Property Appraiser also would be allowed to contract for UAV support. It could be possible for them to spot that new swimming pool on the far end of my property.

Bad news. The local tax assessors are now using Google Earth to check for additions and pools. No need for drones.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Scott View Post
    Actually, it's Congress... not the "FAA/feds" who pushed this. FWIW, we do a good job of shooting the messenger... rather than the guys and gals who pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Curiousflyer View Post
    FWIW, we do a good job of shooting the messenger... rather than the guys and gals who pulled the trigger.
    Depends on whether the messenger altered the message or not. Looking online, I see mainstream media quotes regarding "30,000 drones in the air by 2020." The message posted here, said, "30,000 drones in the air this summer." This is a bit of a difference...

Ron Wanttaja