Thread: FREE Cabin share for the full week of Oshkosh (no joke!)

Big Grin FREE Cabin share for the full week of Oshkosh (no joke!)

Hi all. I already posted this on another thread, but it was several pages in and will get buried and I feel a new thread would be better so folks can see it. Here goes:

I have a campground cabin at Bluejay Resort and Campground (in Fremont,WI) around 25-ish miles from Oshkosh for the full week of the show. I originally had a friend going with me but now it's just me. The cabin is a one bedroom with a sofa bed in a separate room. It's rated for up to 4 folks. As it's now just me going I thought it would be a waste to let all that room go unused. So---and this is no joke or scam or anything---I'd love to share it FOR FREE with up to 2 folks who want to go. It really doesn't matter what days as I've said I got it for the full week of the show, come and go as you please.

This will be for the share only, you need to get to and from the show yourself and you'll need food and the like, but at least it's a roof with a private shower + kitchen with microwave, stove, sink and refrigerator and of course the sofa-bed will all be available to use. It's air conditioned and has a TV plus it's right on the river with boat rentals if you'd like to get some fishing in as well. This cabin is already paid off and I want and expect nothing in way of payment, like I said, it's free. This is my first trip to Oshkosh and I really will not be there much at all except to clean up and sleep, so it should be a pleasant experience for anyone who'd like to do this. Just PM (Personal message) me on here and we can discuss it more
    Mike
    Last edited by dragon2knight; 06-18-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Camping at Fremont. We have a summer place just NW of there. Plan on a 30-45 minute commute to Oshkosh (10 East to 45 to 41 South). Over the years I learned if you’re not at EAA by 0800 you’re gonna have a long wait to park and could be out a ways but there are shuttle busses. The Blue lot (nearest the main gate) fills quickly; unless you have a handicapped pass. Drive in traffic seems to build as the week progresses.
    A few places to eat in Fremont, more just west in Weyauwega and Waupaca. Friday night fish fries are awesome. I recommend The Hitching Post in Weyauwega just off 10 at Cnty Rd X exit.
    No real shopping, aka Walmart etc located in Fremont, plan accordingly.
    Unfortunately not gonna make it this year, enjoy the show!!!!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Camping at Fremont. We have a summer place just NW of there. Plan on a 30-45 minute commute to Oshkosh (10 East to 45 to 41 South). Over the years I learned if you’re not at EAA by 0800 you’re gonna have a long wait to park and could be out a ways but there are shuttle busses. The Blue lot (nearest the main gate) fills quickly; unless you have a handicapped pass. Drive in traffic seems to build as the week progresses.
    A few places to eat in Fremont, more just west in Weyauwega and Waupaca. Friday night fish fries are awesome. I recommend The Hitching Post in Weyauwega just off 10 at Cnty Rd X exit.
    No real shopping, aka Walmart etc located in Fremont, plan accordingly.
    Unfortunately not gonna make it this year, enjoy the show!!!!
    Thanks for the info, will take it to heart

Okay folks, it's done. I'm happy someone took advantage of this as it simply means more folks get to enjoy the show