Thread: How to Uber from Vintage camping?

How to Uber from Vintage camping?

What’s the procedure to get an Uber near/from the Vintage Camping area? Any problems in general with Ride share services at the show? With no car and a good hike to the stores off the north 40 it would be nice to occasionally get “off site” for a break.

Looks like the "nearest" Uber/Lyft dropoff to Vintage is on Poberezny at the far westmost end of Schaick Road? There is also a spot across from the Bus Park. That might be the closest one to a tram stop too.

https://www.eaa.org/-/media/Files/AirVenture/PlanYourTrip/2018_VisitorsMap_frontback.ashx
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 06-14-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

There will be busses that run into Oshkosh every half hour. $5 one way but you can also buy a pass. There are also busses that run to Target and across 41 to the outlet mall. EAA has a good description & map of transportation availabie on their website.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Can't say I've ubered, but I've had Oshkosh Taxi in my contact list for years. They can drop you off at the corner of Knapp and Waupan (essentially the Ultralight Barn). There's been times (much to the chagrin of EAA security, where I've shown them how to drive me all the way to my plane).

The grounds map link seems to be 2018 instead of 2019. https://eaa.org/-/media/Files/AirVen...frontback.ashx

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Thanks for the map. Might as well keep walking to Target or Friar Tucks from Vintage. I was hoping for something closer to Vintage Camping!

Can't you ride the red tram to the North 40 then transfer to the school bus around the N40 to the Friar Tuck / Hilton / Pizza joint / The Hangar gate? A longer walk gets you to the Mexican place, Hardees, Mickey D's. Keep walking for Target and Pick n Save. Then ride the City bus back to the bus park.

Absolutely you can. Or.. just grab a yellow tram down to the Tower switch to a green tram down to the bus park and take an appropriate round trip into town. I believe there IS a small fee each way?

https://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/transit/assets/pdf/busroutes/EAA_Route_Map.pdf

I have a bad knee and avoid walking as much as possible.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 06-16-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln