Thread: Culver Dart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Culver Dart

Has anyone ever built a experimental model? Always loved the look and heard they are good flyers, my idea of a great antique/experimental airplane.Dave

I believe there is a homebuilt version...one copy so far.....steel tube fuelage.....see the Kitplanes Magazine list ...I think the current January 2012 edition.

There was an old story about a fabled race between a clipwing Monocoupe and a clipwing Dart. I believe it was Johnny Livingston in the Monocoupe but I'm not sure in who in the Dart. I think I read about it in "They Call Me Mr. Airshow" by Bill Sweet. Anyway, I'd love a clipwing Dart or would love to build a version like Rod Jocelyn flew.

Great book, sitting in front of me. The pilots of that race were V.L."Speed" Wicoff in the Dart and Leonard Peterson in the Monocoupe.I had a chance to buy a clipped wing Dart project from Lloyd but it was more money and project than I could handle. A guy in Toledo has it now. It was not licensed with a spring gear and needed to go Experimental and I could see problems there. Would love to find one someday, maybe trade the Vagabond off.
    Dave
    Last edited by D.grimm; 12-21-2011 at 03:13 PM.

I'm sorry, but I'd have a hard time naming a plane a "dart" because of that infamous toy of yesteryear: the lawn dart.

Delta Dart,Culver Dart, Dodge Dart( maybe not the Dodge Dart)I love the elliptical wing and the short pudgy fuselage.I have two Pug Puppies and drive a Mini, what else would you expect.Dave