Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the first to note this? Microsoft FS coming back !!!!

Am I the first to note this? Microsoft FS coming back !!!!

Coming back in 2020.......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDDgFfWlS4

I'm using FS 2008 and I've got too much detailed scenery now... I'd like to fly more of my favorite planes and definitely duel in air combat...

I'm using Warbirds 2014 call sign xlax
    Name:  WarBirds3.jpg
Views: 1745
Size:  60.1 KB

I'm using FS 2008 and I've got too much detailed scenery now
    Perhaps you mean FSX, which came out in late 2005 -- it was the last version made, so far.

As to FS "coming back," it appears that it'll only run on X-Box or Windows 10, and will be a subscription model, rather than a one time purchase. Since I'm still on Win 7 I couldn't use it, and in any case I'll not pay for subscription software.

But maybe, just maybe it'll be better than the Microsoft Flight they tried a few years ago.

Larry N.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Perhaps you mean FSX, which came out in late 2005 -- it was the last version made, so far.
    Since we're focusing on details... FSX was released in October of 2006, followed by the Acceleration expansion pack one year later. And, while one of the ways that the new version will be available is through Microsoft's game pass, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's subscription only, but we'll see.

Regardless, I'm really excited to see the franchise coming back! The visuals in the videos and screenshots I've seen are absolutely stunning. Here's hoping the other features follow suit.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

.....and Hal knows these things from up-close and personal. No inside scoop from your contacts ref the serious sim vs. game front, Hal?

Jim

Apologies, Hal -- guess I'm remembering a year too early; looks as if my age is getting in the way.

Larry N.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Apologies, Hal -- guess I'm remembering a year too early; looks as if my age is getting in the way.
    No apologies! I'm just legally bound to stick my nose in and get all nitpicky because I was there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rosenow View Post
    .....and Hal knows these things from up-close and personal. No inside scoop from your contacts ref the serious sim vs. game front, Hal?

Jim
    I will say this: based on my limited insight as a friendly outsider, everything I've seen so far tells me that this new team is doing everything right. Fingers crossed!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thanks Hal....this is gonna get interesting!

Jim

I can't wait to try it out! The graphics look amazing and the fact that it is coming to Xbox means I wont have to sit this one out due to my dated pc. Hopefully they release more details soon and showcase it at Airventure.

As to FS "coming back," it appears that it'll only run on X-Box or Windows 10, and will be a subscription model, rather than a one time purchase. Since I'm still on Win 7 I couldn't use it, and in any case I'll not pay for subscription software.

But maybe, just maybe it'll be better than the Microsoft Flight they tried a few years ago.
    No, it's not just subscription based. It will be part of XBox Game Pass, which means that IF you have a subscription to that (which the Ultimate version of it at 14.99/month will give you XBox Game Pass, Windows Game Pass, and XBox Live) then you will get access to EVERY GAME in their library and can download and play at your leisure. If you don't play games enough, and don't want a subscription, then you will still be able to still pay normal full price for any of those games, including the new FS, just as you would with a game now.