Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp Site size

Quote Originally Posted by mc20 View Post
    It's frustrating to arrive Friday morning and see the 'estates' that are already marked out in the 101 Woods area.
    I get it but you do realize they have been paying for those sites from the day they were roped right? TANSTAAFL!
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    I get it but you do realize they have been paying for those sites from the day they were roped right? TANSTAAFL!
    I understand they're paying for a standard sized plot. My issue is with the folks who set up estates far larger than they've paid for. It's especially annoying when they do so early blocking out sometimes 2 or 3 other campers who could have comfortably fit in their oversized (and under paid for) estate.

This is interesting. It will surely make spots bigger not smaller. We pay for three spots for our families between myself, my brother, and my sister starting in mid July. Oshkosh is our family reunion. We always rope off a spot a 30 X 60, exactly three 20 X 20 spots side by side. Whoever got there first to rope and hold the spot always had to justify it to others that wanted to move into the open area before the second and third family arrived.
    I drew up a car, our 10'x 14' family cabin tent (family of four) and our 10X10 easy up that is the kitchen and dining area for my family for the whole week. Each of the three families have this identical setup. With a 5' perimeter around it and 10' between sites that would justify us to have a 42' x 92' spot! The 5' perimeter and 10' between sites is a luxury Camp Scholler has never afforded, and we have been camping there every year since 1972. We will still go with something pretty close to our regular spot size as we can live comfortable for a week in that footprint being family. However I think that this will not create any smaller landgrabs, and the 10' between spots will be impossible to hold. We have had 5' strips between us and a neighbor many times before, only to wake up to a car and a tent in between us the next day! Some of the people that have squeezed in there are still friends to this day. Take what you truly need, need what you take. If you have room for a fire ring and your neighbor has only a rental car and a tent that fits in a suitcase, invite them over for a beer and some s'mores. You may make a new friend for life.