I guess from a personal standpoint I'm starting to see why he might be offended. But from a business standpoint it makes less sense to me. I've already given his shop my business previously, I have several bigger projects and upgrades I plan to do with the plane (that he knows about) and there are plenty more annuals left. There's a lot of business to be had from me. As for the smaller fixes it isn't like I've asked for favors. I've paid for everything, and as far as I know he gets paid a salary, not a commission (he isn't the owner), so that doesn't change whether he has to do 10 annuals a month or 50. Besides that, I was previously on friendly terms with him and understand that he's stressed, overworked, and doesn't have enough mechanics in the shop for his current workload. He's also complained about how difficult my plane is to work on. So maybe you can see why I thought I was doing him a favor by taking this off his plate. I've even flown with stuff broken because I was really reluctant to ask for him to fix anything. Again, as a flight instructor once my schedule is saturated I turn people down. I can only handle so much. So I applied my own situation to his. The whole industry seems to have plenty of work and not enough people to go around.

Well I appreciate your different perspectives but I'm still at a loss as for what to do about it now. My first apology didn't take. I guess I'll try one more time and if he still doesn't want my business I'll be looking for a new shop.