Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Maps

New Maps

Anybody got any idea when the new Grounds and Scholler maps will show up on the website? Last year's maps were dated 5-17-18, (or at least that's the date used in the filename) so I would have hoped the new ones would be available by now, but as of 5-27-19 the AV'18 maps are still posted.
    Dave

Don't know. Maybe they'll spend the extra time this year to make them legible.

Quote Originally Posted by dclaxon View Post
    Anybody got any idea when the new Grounds and Scholler maps will show up on the website? Last year's maps were dated 5-17-18, (or at least that's the date used in the filename) so I would have hoped the new ones would be available by now, but as of 5-27-19 the AV'18 maps are still posted.
    Dave
    Hopefully soon, I was looking for them as well.

I am wondering when EAA staff will change wording on maps that show "shuttles run from 6:30 AM to 11:30 PM. Maybe the Kobussin school buses run that schedule, but trams go from 8 AM to 8 PM. I sure hate getting yelled at by visitors when I am on afternoon shift and the boss says to pull the tram for the night. I am sure the printing office still has time to make the wording change.

Semantics is/are key to the conundrum. Was it two years ago now that they decided to call both trams AND buses 'shuttles'? I dunno why - I refuse to yield to conventions and still call myself a tram conductor..... unless Gene or Sandy tell me otherwise. - lol
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I about got hijacked two years ago when I was running a six passenger golf cart shuffling volunteers down the flight line prior to the night airshow. A whole ton of people were queued up at the Hangar Cafe tram stop and the trams had gone away for the night and the buses were sporadic.

By the way Randy, if you can ever suggest to the powers that be on the trams that better signage would certainly simplify things. Saying:

BOARD HERE FOR: Exhibits, Warbirds, North 40, Homebuilts

makes more sense than just about anything else you could but on the sign (colors, whatever).

We've asked them every year but the powers that be at EAA AirVenture signage must have it on very LOW priority. All the conductors and sometimes the tractor drivers too answer this #1 question, all day long, "Where does this tram go? or Is this the tram to take me to "X"? Clear, simple and unique signage at each stop, on both sides of the road, would indeed help at least a little. People don't read signs either - lol

As passengers board my tram at the turn-around depots, long before we depart, as part of the process I proclaim several times which 'color' tram they are on and precisely where and in what direction the tram is about to travel. At least 5 times a day, every day, just before we are about to leave, someone's light bulb will fire up and they will jump off and head over to the other tram.

yep Randy. Always fun as a driver fielding a bunch of questions and Sandy shouting at me to get going

All I can say is how grateful I am to you tram drivers and conductors. Without you, I'd see way less of AV and my feet would be more tired. I get to sit in the shade, talk to interesting people, enjoy a cool breeze and see the sites. Besides, the kid in me loves going for a ride in a tram.

The welcome respite we can provide our passengers is one of the best parts of the job. I have a wonky knee myself and ride the trams too to get from one area of interest to another.