Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    The Grounds Map is now 2019! The Federal Pavilion moved to Hangar D, among other things. https://www.eaa.org/-/media/Files/Ai...re2019Map.ashx
    That's a much better map than the one in the book. I still could do without the pseudoperspective view. We're pilots, we know how to read a map.
    I fear the moving of the feds into D indicates the continued decline in finding vendors to fill the space. I guess there aren't enough massage chair and TENS unit suppliers out there.
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 06-28-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    New International Federal Pavilion Location article

Easy on those massage chair vendors, that's a stressful job. :-)

Looks like on the 2019 grounds map they finally fixed the road (Vern Ave) to the right of Hanger B.
    They removed some real estate from Paul's Woods & moved Vern Ave slightly north to fit in the road.
    Now it looks like how it really looks. Tram drivers won't need bread crumbs to find there way back anymore.

AV 2019 grounds map link

AV 2018 grounds map link

Link to picture
    NORTH is left
    Name:  AV19 Grnd map diff.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  100.2 KB

Link to picture
    NORTH is left
    Name:  AV18 Grnd map diff.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  100.4 KB
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 06-28-2019 at 02:10 PM.

it's the little things that count - Reminding people that unlike every other map they've ever used in their life, NORTH is left, not up, having the map at least agree with the layout of the streets is a good thing - lol
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    it's the little things that count - Reminding people that unlike every other map they've ever used in their life, NORTH is left, not up.
    Bad habits are hard to break.

Fixed previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    That's a much better map than the one in the book. I still could do without the pseudoperspective view. We're pilots, we know how to read a map.
    I fear the moving of the feds into D indicates the continued decline in finding vendors to fill the space. I guess there aren't enough massage chair and TENS unit suppliers out there.
    The way I understand it, after last year, the big guys heard loudly our comments on chairs, tens units etc. As a result, they committed to reducing the fluff stuff. Whether that’s what’s happened or not, we knew the feds were moving to D last fall so it’s not like a last minute OMG we need to fill some space!!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    ...we knew the feds were moving to D last fall so it’s not like a last minute OMG we need to fill some space!!
    Probably not. It looks like they tore down their building!