Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Maps

Interesting. If you take a look at the current Google Maps Earth view of AirVenture, it looks like a 2018 picture. Not sure though.

I tell people I'm going to see a little ol' airshow up in Wisconsin. Then I show them this picture.

Sometimes the year changes at different Google map zoom levels. But always Airventure week, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dclaxon View Post
    4 weeks from opening day, and last year's maps are still posted. I saw in an earlier post that the 2-19 app was released, and one of the highlights of in the promo for it is "interactive maps" so I downloaded it to see. Interestingly, the "map" in the app is a Google Maps satellite view that is at least 5 or 6 years old. I scrolled over to Camp Scholler and zoomed in to find my camper, but I found it several spots away from where it has been for at least the last 5 years, and the lack of solar panels on the roof may make it even older than that.
    Dave

Camp map is up. I'm glad I'm going early.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesziegler View Post
    Camp map is up. I'm glad I'm going early.
    Hey, look at that! It IS up!

https://www.eaa.org/-/media/Files/AirVenture/PlanYourTrip/Camping/2019CampSchollerMap.ashx

LOL @ non-generator section.

The Grounds map is still 2018.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    There is a basic 2019 grounds map in the Official Visitor and Camper's Guide 2019
    But it doesn't include the trams route map.

You can view the Official Visitor and Camper's Guide 2019 using
    the Issuu flip book or download the pdf. (upper left corner of the flip book).
    The pdf splits the map, half on one page, the other half on the other.
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 06-27-2019 at 12:58 PM.

I'm confused as to why the EAA hates standards and directs their members to a site that needs half a dozen third party proprietary links to do anything.

By the way, the airport camping map (page 17) is worse than useless. The icons are all in the wrong spot. I have no idea what the splotch in vintage is. Many of the labels are displaced from what they are supposed to be labeling. Doesn't show any of the camping registration buildings other than the north 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    The Grounds map is still 2018.

The Grounds Map is now 2019! The Federal Pavilion moved to Hangar D, among other things. https://www.eaa.org/-/media/Files/Ai...re2019Map.ashx

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I'm confused as to why the EAA hates standards and directs their members to a site that needs half a dozen third party proprietary links to do anything.
    In the upper left corner of that on-line viewer is an arrow pointing down, it is a download button. Click on it to download a PDF. With the size of the screen on my laptop and the thickness of my bifocals, I also have trouble with most of the on-line viewers, and have to download the PDF. And I think most of those viewers are Flash based, and a lot of browsers are stopping support for Flash, so sooner or later someone is going to have to find another solution.
    Dave

Right, but I still have to go through some unknown publishing site which dumps further personal information in to both GOOGLE and some other site I've never heard of to get that far.

At least the Isuzu viewer doesn't use flash. It's a bunch of javascript and server side processing.