Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Maps

6/10 and still no maps published for this year. Come on EAA, this isn't your first rodeo!

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    6/10 and still no maps published for this year. Come on EAA, this isn't your first rodeo!
    They made changes to the grounds so it will take awhile to draw the new changes on the grounds map.
    Cliclk link then click picture twice.
    Upgrades, Expansion for AirVenture Homebuilts Area

They've also reconfigured the South 40 GAC and far south Vintage areas (not that those showed up on last years map but maybe they'll make it bigger).

There's also still a point of discussion as to where the end of the "you can ride your bikes/segways" boundary is going to be.

All I want to know is if they moved the Non-GeneratorCamping this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesziegler View Post
    All I want to know is if they moved the Non-GeneratorCamping this year.
    You can try emailing campscholler at the eaa.org or wait until the 28th and call 920-230-7725.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    We've asked them every year but the powers that be at EAA AirVenture signage must have it on very LOW priority. All the conductors and sometimes the tractor drivers too answer this #1 question, all day long, "Where does this tram go? or Is this the tram to take me to "X"? Clear, simple and unique signage at each stop, on both sides of the road, would indeed help at least a little. People don't read signs either - lol

As passengers board my tram at the turn-around depots, long before we depart, as part of the process I proclaim several times which 'color' tram they are on and precisely where and in what direction the tram is about to travel. At least 5 times a day, every day, just before we are about to leave, someone's light bulb will fire up and they will jump off and head over to the other tram.
    The 'color' of the tram is not the same as the color of the flag on the back (no one can see). But of course everyone knows that.

The 2019 app has just been released, so it could provide the information that you're looking for. I don't believe the 2019 map pdfs have been updated from 2018. Can't be too long now...

As I understand it, among the conditions the dealer places on their providing the John Deere tractors to pull the trams is a limit on the total hours each unit can be run and that nothing may be permantently affixed to them. That is why those tram route-color pennants on sticks are affixed with duct tape.

A bonus is that method also allows the tram supervisors to quickly change the livery over to a different color route as the need arises. Not a perfect system, but it works. IMHO -shared by many - better signage at tram stops would help greatly.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Viewed as they approach the stop, they all looked blue route to me the first year, until I noticed the flag. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=airventure...2FJN4T8684.jpg
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 06-15-2019 at 05:07 PM.

4 weeks from opening day, and last year's maps are still posted. I saw in an earlier post that the 2-19 app was released, and one of the highlights of in the promo for it is "interactive maps" so I downloaded it to see. Interestingly, the "map" in the app is a Google Maps satellite view that is at least 5 or 6 years old. I scrolled over to Camp Scholler and zoomed in to find my camper, but I found it several spots away from where it has been for at least the last 5 years, and the lack of solar panels on the roof may make it even older than that.
    Dave