Thread: greatplanes aircraft engines

greatplanes aircraft engines

Hello Does anyone know if Greatplanes aircraft parts are still operating I have emailed them several time s and had no response for over a month now. Thanks

Are you talking about Great Plains Aircraft Supply (http://www.greatplainsas.com)? If so... the original owner died a few years back. I recall hearing that the company has changed hands once or twice since then. Nothing on the web site has changed, so I have no idea if they're still actually doing business or not.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

hello thanks for that I have bought from them in that time frame but I have emailed them several time in the last 6 weeks with no reply, its hard to ring them from OZ so I was hoping someone knew anything.

Quote Originally Posted by brizq View Post
    hello thanks for that I have bought from them in that time frame but I have emailed them several time in the last 6 weeks with no reply, its hard to ring them from OZ so I was hoping someone knew anything.
    I just called, and they answered the phone. So someone is there!

Great Planes is still in business, but it is a part time business for the current owners as they also have full employment. Steve and Linda Bennett created Great Plains and ran it for many years. When Steve fell ill, they sold the business to their good friend Marty Roberts, with the intent to keep it going until a new owner could be found. Marty sold the business shortly before he also flew west. Last I heard, the current owners would like to sell the business, but also intend to keep it alive until a new owner is found. So, the response time may not be great and there may not be anyone to answer the phones at times, but they are still there. And, if you would like to be in the VW aircraft and hot rod business, the company is available.

-Cub Builder

I'm agree with DaleB. I just listen to that the original owner is died a few years back.