Thread: Newbie on tent camping at Oshkosh, how do I do this properly?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    To say the majority of Camp Scholler is 24 hr generator is being disingenuous at best. The 24 hour generator takes up at best 1/4 of Scholler, stretching from the corner of Elm Ave and Stits Rd to the south and west. So they have made it larger, but they also consolidated it all in one area instead of having scattered spots. They also have a very small no generator area too, but no idea how well they enforce that.
    Look at the map of Scholler on the Airventure web site and add the 24 hr generator and water/electrical sites, and compare it to the rest of the campground. Maybe it's not 80 percent, but certainly well over 50 percent.

Also, looking at the map, they have converted the area just north of Camper Registration to a parking lot. Never camped in that area so I don't know if the whole area that's now parking was available for camping before, but at any rate, it is another reduction in the area that is available for tent camping.

I think the water/electrical hookup area has been expanded as well. I don't remember the area just east of the Red Market Southwest being water/electrical hookups last year, or that it went as far east as Doolittle Road. But OI might be wrong about that. (Each of those sites generates about $2k, compared to $300 or less for most of the regular sites.) (Based on having to pay for the water/electrical sites from the date of reservation, and anecdotal evidence that most of them are reserved on the first day they are available, and most regular sites being used 10 days or less.)
    Last edited by asport22; 05-17-2019 at 10:36 PM.