Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: show us your video

Kids & Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I've made a lot of videos over the years...aerobatics (spins, botched hammers, etc.), life at the farm with the airplane, grass strips we've flown to, rides I've given...stuff like that. My favorite is photos of kids my husband, our friends, and I have taken flying over the years. We take a lot of Young Eagles flying every year. Love those smiles.

Great video and it reminds me of many of the Young Eagles I've taken flying. A VERY rewarding experience and I LOVE the smiles. I guess my personal favorites are of my grandkids when they were about eight years old and concentrating on the job at hand, as they held the stick. The rewards of 'giving' are shown beautifully in those smiles.

Goggles

Quote Originally Posted by hydroguy2 View Post
    I figure instead of complaining about the economy or what I don't like about SA magazine, I would post a positive message about GA. How about everyone post a video they like about Aviation.

Check out this video, a aviation fun day in small town Montana. This may appeal to some Sport Aviation fans, but beware there is no TBM's or instrument approaches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APjiebmV6DY
    Two things I like about this video: First, that there is community involvement and participation, and second, that there is enthusiasm for the sport by the pilots. They're flying for fun!

a little Light Sport Rans

Had a friend send me this link today. Light sport might be a little fun....more fun than I could handle anyway.

http://vimeo.com/23944209
    It's just one dam job after another

Brian C.
    Sport Air Racing League http://www.sportairrace.org/
    Race 155

Here's a little video reconfigured from a 1988 slide show done for my then, Chapter 154. I think you might enjoy the story, and perhaps it will encourage those of you still building.

John,
    I very much enjoyed your slide show and narration. I moved to Regina and joined S Sask Chapt 154 shortly after you moved to the island. I am in Lethbridge now, so your video has me thinking about going back home to Saskatchewan. I am plans building a Zenith CH750 so I have thought lots about what I am going to fly over on a trip "back home". Thanks for sharing!
    Joe Harrington

Flying Home

Thanks for the nice comment Joe. Your name is familiar to me from correspondance with various Chapter 154 I guess, though I 'thought' I remembered a Joe Harrigton from previous years, then from Saskatoon I believe. It was a LONG time ago though so it may well have been someone else. In any case, enjoy your project....that's a fun process too....and when you eventually fly it 'home' you'll be one proud dude, as you should be. Mine was an amazing experience and I am sure yours will be too. Happy flying and keep the dream alive.

John

straight down 360 auto left then right. feels like an elevator ride but 2,000 feet down.
    Ed DArcy 'Turbo'
    R-44 N7511G 1,300 hrs / RV-6 N26ED 4,700 hrs / helicycle 100 hrs
    Stuart, FL Hartford,Ct Virgin Gorda, BVI

goodspeed airport 42B on the connecticut river.
    Ed DArcy 'Turbo'

heli fun. come along to my favorite place.
    Ed DArcy 'Turbo'

Kitfox - Land Now or Die!

Have you seen how some of the recent aviation shows make ordinary flying look so dramatic? We'll here's my two hour attempt of making an ordinary flight as a passenger appear much more interesting than it actually was (yes, the flight was fun and I'll jump at the next chance to go, but it was not nearly as dramatic as your about to see). The power of editing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnnEH...3_8nPbJ377cwby