Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: show us your video

Here's a video of a late autumn flight from this past October. A Sunset tour of a couple of private airstrips around Central Illinois in my 1954 Supercub

Here's a HD tour of a few public and private airstrips South of Peoria, Illinois. The video was shot the end of January 2012. The main wheel camera is a GoPro Hero2, the wing camera iis an NFlightcam + with aviation lens and the tailwheel camera is a Go Pro Hero. The airplane is my 1954 L21B Supercub.

http://youtu.be/aMV_Dj4wZTY

Last edited by Hal Bryan; 02-07-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Embedded video.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goggles View Post
    Gorgeous, I love it!

That runway surrounded by corn is just fantastic. Very cool.
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Flying in and out of the corn is really fun. There is another video on my Vimeo page that shows landing and taking off in the corn. It's really a unique experience. Too bad we have wheat out there now....it's not as much fun. Kinda blah, like soy beans.

I have family over near Mountain Grove and Van Zant.
    Where in Missouri are you located?
    We are south of Lamar and about 20 miles northeast of Joplin. Drop in and see us sometime! :-)

Just looking for an excuse to fly my plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Flying in and out of the corn is really fun. There is another video on my Vimeo page that shows landing and taking off in the corn. It's really a unique experience. Too bad we have wheat out there now....it's not as much fun. Kinda blah, like soy beans.
    On my way to Oshkosh two years ago, I got into weather and had to put my Mooney down in a corn field.
    Well, it was actually the airport at Seneca, Kansas (62K) but it was nothing more than a patch of grass surrounded by corn. And a wet patch of grass at that!

After weather cleared, it was pretty neat to yank the gear up and zip right over top the corn.

We are south of Lamar and about 20 miles northeast of Joplin. Drop in and see us sometime! :-)
    I will keep an eye out for your place on my next trip to MO. When I visit family, we usually land at West Plains.

Steep Turns in my Cessna 172 using the Drift HD170 wide angle video camera. I went out yesterday and mounted my new wide angle video camera on the strut of my C172. The camera comes with a curved helmet mount that fits perfectly on the wing strut (with aircraft adhesive [duct] tape). The video camera is made by Drift:

http://www.amazon.com/Drift-HD170-Ac.../dp/B003QXNDNE

Here's the video. Please excuse the shameless plug at the end:

PS: Mozart rocks...

A friend took this video of me doing a few turns over their house last weekend. She's not a professional but does a pretty good job capturing the blazing Chief and the mighty Lycoming O-145-B2 rumble!

---------------------------------------------------
    Dan McCormack
    Smoketown, PA (S37)
    N24286, 1940 Aeronca Chief 65-LA (Lycoming O-145-B2)
    CFI
    http://flightmusings.blogspot.com/

On my way to Oshkosh two years ago, I got into weather and had to put my Mooney down in a corn field.
    Well, it was actually the airport at Seneca, Kansas (62K) but it was nothing more than a patch of grass surrounded by corn. And a wet patch of grass at that!

After weather cleared, it was pretty neat to yank the gear up and zip right over top the corn.
    Looks like an interesting place! I'm always looking for interesting grass strips.

I will keep an eye out for your place on my next trip to MO. When I visit family, we usually land at West Plains.
    We are at 08MO. Stop by and see us sometime.

Here is a video that my nephew made a few years ago at the age of 13. He won a school contest with his video. It involved an aerobatic flight that we took at a family gathering at our farm on Thanksgiving. He's such a neat kid.

Here is a video of my wife and I picking up our Stinson and flying it home from North Carolina to Washington State:

...and this is a video I made at my summer job (which I get to do when the stars align, something like 11 seasons under my belt now). This was at Lake Chelan, while most of my float flying has been off Lake Washington into British Columbia fishing lodges:

Last edited by Flyfalcons; 02-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction