Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camping with an ultralight

EXACT ADDRESS: that campground is right across the street from the Ultralight Red Barn. No way to miss it. There is also a sort of Food Court there where you will see me at least twice during the week. Do you need the exact address to ship something there??
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Also, it is DE Relleumtdats, with is Stadtmueller backwards. I had one of their cards around here. It is located at the junction of Knapp and Waupun. I have a google earth screen shot that will help.Name:  Relleumtdats.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  20.2 KB

That came out kind of small. Possibly save it as a picture and zoom in, OR send me a PM and I will email it to you.
    Last edited by Inspector Fenwick; 07-10-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Name:  Relleumtdats3.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  111.0 KB

Hope this is better. The red arrow is the entry to the campground mentioned above (too tired to type that name in here

The diagonal street is Waupun. The north south street is Knapp ( a major thoroughfare during OSH). The food court has a pretty good variety of food. There is usually a BBQ guy also in that immediate area. When you pull off the street into the campground (red arrow) there is a little kiosk to check in. I have parked here before and they do charge for parking. Just sayin'....

Most of all have fun.
    Last edited by Inspector Fenwick; 07-10-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Fenwick View Post
    Name:  Relleumtdats3.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  111.0 KB

Hope this is better. The red arrow is the entry to the campground mentioned above (too tired to type that name in here

The diagonal street is Waupun. The north south street is Knapp ( a major thoroughfare during OSH). The food court has a pretty good variety of food. There is usually a BBQ guy also in that immediate area. When you pull off the street into the campground (red arrow) there is a little kiosk to check in. I have parked here before and they do charge for parking. Just sayin'....

Most of all have fun.
    I noticed on Google Earth that there are campers next to the Ultralight strip, so, I'm going to assume these are the people that are vendors, or, maybe people that flew their ultralight aircraft in and are camping there. It is also very clear where the Relleumtdats campground is, not far at all. I'm not sure where the Knapp st entrance to A/V is but I think they have bicycle parking there also, so it wouldn't be difficult to come in at that entrance and catch the tram or bus. Just making some observations for future visits in case I ever bring a U/L.
    Bob

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I'm not sure where the Knapp st entrance to A/V is but I think they have bicycle parking there also, so it wouldn't be difficult to come in at that entrance and catch the tram or bus.
    From Relleumtdats campground entrance to the AirVenture Knapp St. entrance it is 2,127.31 ft to the north.
    Yes they do have bicycle parking there & trams. Oops, I mean shuttles.

De Relleumtdats Campground website
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-11-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks, Wrongway, that's the most info I've gotten yet. Having a lot of different options on having a place to "hang out" during that week is nice. Of course, we're still working on flying in one day.
    Bob