Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Arrivals OK?

Early Arrivals OK?

After reading so much about Oshkosh arrivals on Saturday and Sunday I’m considering flying up on Friday instead and setting up camp with my airplane. Is this allowed?

Saturday isn't exactly early. I usually show up Tuesday or Wednesday before and I'm not the first to arrive in our area. Note you pay for camping from the day you stake out your space through the end of the show (refundable for all the days over three you don't use).

Are the services provided for the campers during the week also available for early arrivals?

Quote Originally Posted by Contrailing View Post
    After reading so much about Oshkosh arrivals on Saturday and Sunday I’m considering flying up on Friday instead and setting up camp with my airplane. Is this allowed?
    Yes, it is allowed. EAA is planning to make more amenities available earlier this year to encourage early arrivals.

That’s what I wanted to hear... thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Contrailing View Post
    Are the services provided for the campers during the week also available for early arrivals?
    Depends what you mean by services. The portolets are there. Some of the showers are open. There's pop machines. Tall Pines is serving breakfast.

But most of the other food outlets are closed. The camp stores in Vintage and the North 40 do not open until Saturday (but the two in Scholler open Wednesday).
    Most everything opens Sunday (food concessions, trams, etc...).

Good to know.. thank you.

One other thing to know. Uber and Lyft run all week. You can get to the grocery store, restaurants, Target, and a bunch of other places with a $5 ride.

I arrived Wednesday last year to beat the weather. Couldn't register for a day or two but the camp volunteers were there and the permanent showers were open. There were a couple other planes so I wasn't the first.

Name:  20180719_060142.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  95.8 KB

Happy Kevin

I get there the tuesday before AirVenture starts
    Park the plane over in GAP
    move into the house between north 40 and pioneer airport
    Plenty of things to do and see that week
    In fact,I think I have more fun that week than I do the week of the event
    this will be my 27th year in a row to be there
    Flying up next week to do a work weekend
    Last edited by Sam Oleson; 05-10-2019 at 09:26 AM.