Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Arrivals OK?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Early Arrivals OK?

After reading so much about Oshkosh arrivals on Saturday and Sunday I’m considering flying up on Friday instead and setting up camp with my airplane. Is this allowed?

Saturday isn't exactly early. I usually show up Tuesday or Wednesday before and I'm not the first to arrive in our area. Note you pay for camping from the day you stake out your space through the end of the show (refundable for all the days over three you don't use).

Are the services provided for the campers during the week also available for early arrivals?

Quote Originally Posted by Contrailing View Post
    Are the services provided for the campers during the week also available for early arrivals?
    Depends what you mean by services. The portolets are there. Some of the showers are open. There's pop machines. Tall Pines is serving breakfast.

But most of the other food outlets are closed. The camp stores in Vintage and the North 40 do not open until Saturday (but the two in Scholler open Wednesday).
    Most everything opens Sunday (food concessions, trams, etc...).

Good to know.. thank you.

One other thing to know. Uber and Lyft run all week. You can get to the grocery store, restaurants, Target, and a bunch of other places with a $5 ride.

Buses are not running until Saturday morning and some of the showers on North 40 are not set up but other than that, everything is available. You can often get a golf cart ride if you ask.

I get there a full week before. We stay at Sleepy Hollow Farm Campground. The past couple of years, I've helped Jeff & Pam get the campground and cabins ready for the next week.

Does all of this apply to early non plane campers? I assume so, just wanted to be sure as I plan to get there on Wednesday myself driving in. Thanks!

After reading so much about Oshkosh arrivals on Saturday and Sunday I’m considering flying up on Friday instead and setting up camp with my airplane. Is this allowed?
    Yes, it is allowed. EAA is planning to make more amenities available earlier this year to encourage early arrivals.