Thread: Foot path to Pick n Save?

Foot path to Pick n Save?

Is there any gate or best pedestrian path from North 40 to the shopping area at Pick n Save ?

There is a bus that makes runs to Pick n Save and Target from the campgrounds and bus park. As for a foot path, gate by Friar Tucks and the motel on fence line are usually open

Thanks. I found the Friar Tucks gate on Google Sat view.

I was gonna say, I thought there was a walk-thru gate in that north fence. At least, I knew there used to be.

The only drawback to walking to the nearby stores via the Friar Tuck gate is lugging crap back. Depending on where you’re camping the bus might be the better, albeit not necessarily quicker, option.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I didn't see any sidewalks from the Friar Tuck gate to go to shopping. So I was wondering if I should just walk out along the north exit road (Knapp or Koehler, I think) which has a sidewalk north of runway 27. I would be starting from the Homebuilt area. Won't have more than 10 pounds in my backpack. I don't mind walking the mile or whatever it is.

So my original post was misstated, (not starting at north 40).
    Restated, what is the best walking path from homebuilts or forum area to get to shopping?

If malexander is correct about the gate, I guess I could ride the north 40 bus to that gate?
    (or walk all the way, sometimes quicker)
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 05-07-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    I didn't see any sidewalks from the Friar Tuck gate to go to shopping. So I was wondering if I should just walk out along the north exit road (Knapp or Koehler, I think) which has a sidewalk north of runway 27. I would be starting from the Homebuilt area. Won't have more than 10 pounds in my backpack. I don't mind walking the mile or whatever it is.

So my original post was misstated, (not starting at north 40).
    Restated, what is the best walking path from homebuilts or forum area to get to shopping?

If malexander is correct about the gate, I guess I could ride the north 40 bus to that gate?
    (or walk all the way, sometimes quicker)
    Yeah, no sidewalks per se. The best way to get to the gate from HBC/HBP is the N40 shuttle as you surmised. However, it's just as easy, if not easier, to catch the Target Shuttle from the bus park. That will give you almost door-to-door service.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Trams and buses are fine if not full. I often found the wait time frustrating only to find the tram full.
    That's why I often just prefer to walk.

This works for us.......
    From HBC:
    Walk to the new N40 shower house.
    Ride the school bus to the Super 8 gate.
    Walk to the Pick N Save cutting thru Super 8s, LaShures and US Bank's parking lots to Target and Pick N Save.
    Walk back thru the Super 8 gate.
    Call the HBC welcome wagon for a ride back to your campsite.

If the stars align and you didn't hold over Green Lake, you can catch the HBC ride from your campsite to the Super 8 gate.

That will work. I see Pick n Save is open til 11pm.