Thread: Golf Cart Rental

Golf Cart Rental

Anybody know if it’s possible to rent a golf cart? I know they have them for sure but I’ve always thought they were just for EAA Staff and volunteers. My Dad will be 81 this summer so a golf cart will come in really handy.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hi Mark, golf carts are not available for rent, but single-seat personal electric conveyance vehicles are available for rent. More information available here: https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pl...ty-information

Thanks Sam. Good to know. Do you know if EAA plans to auction off the use of a golf cart like they have in the past? This will be the 29th Oshkosh Airshow that my Dad and I have attended so the Golf Cart would make it a lot easier on him. So looking at all available options. My Dad served with the Navy as a Flight Surgeon in both Vietnam and the Persian Gulf War and will be turning 81 just a few days before the Airshow this year. He has stick time in everything from the C-121 to the F9F Panther jet and everything in between. He’s typed on the DC-3 and might have the most Aztec time of any pilot in Minnesota. So needless to say Going to Oshkosh every year means the world to him but that’s getting a little harder to do now. So any help on a Golf Cart would be appreciated. We will fly in to Appleton on Friday and rent a car like we always do and head to the show directly from there. We plan to stay until Sunday. Thanks again!

One of the big gripes I hear as a Tram conductor are all the durn golf carts and their general misuse, often jamming up the roads, paths and blocking access to exhibits. Can't say I'd favor ever letting them be available to the general public, it would be a nightmare.

As a cerified geezer myself, with a bum knee, I well appreciate why wheeled mobilty scooters exist and IMHO why one would be a PERFECT choice for your dad. They allow the limited-mobility user to enjoy ALL aspects of AirVenture, including all the exhibit buildings, with ease. Golf carts require constant entry/exit and then parking away from building entrances and away from planes, plus are banned in several areas, so dad (or I) would still be faced with long walks to visit vendors or see planes close-up. Not worth the hassle, again IMHO.

The sole downside of mobility scooters is that those who are not physically limited can't hitch a ride too, so family and friends still walk.

As a Vietnam Vet myself, tell your dad 'Welcome Home, brother' for me.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-30-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

There's a sign at the Cart/Scooter pickup point that says "These aren't for rent and there is no place on field that rents them."