Thread: Wing Tank Bladders

Wing Tank Bladders

If wing tank bladders have sat, installed for 10 years, while structural and other repairs were being made, is there any treatment that rejuvenates them? I suppose they are Goodyear, I m not sure. The have been inside a hangar for this time. I know that certain old leather like couches and jackets can be wiped with a preservative and really be brought back to good condition. Prior to siting empty they were most always full of fuel. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    If wing tank bladders have sat, installed for 10 years, while structural and other repairs were being made, is there any treatment that rejuvenates them? I suppose they are Goodyear, I m not sure. The have been inside a hangar for this time. I know that certain old leather like couches and jackets can be wiped with a preservative and really be brought back to good condition. Prior to siting empty they were most always full of fuel. Thanks
    I'm not sure there is anything to do. Some hold up well, some don't. Back in October, I saw the tanks that came out of the last B-25 at Walter Soplata's. They had been sitting in the airplane, outside in Ohio weather for decades. They looked brand new.

Curious - are you asking about the tanks from the Spit?

yes