Thread: Glasair 1RG Question

Glasair 1RG Question

I would appreciate any input on what to look for on a Glasair 1RG pre-purchase inspection, and any typical issues regarding this model including bad habits or flight characteristics.

Thank you for any information,
    Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Md80flyer View Post
    I would appreciate any input on what to look for on a Glasair 1RG pre-purchase inspection, and any typical issues regarding this model including bad habits or flight characteristics.
    My standard responses:

* Pre-buy inspections on amateur-built aircraft can be hit-or-miss. At issue is that each one must be evaluated on its own merits, since each builder chooses their own path and navigates it according to their own sensibilities. I've seen some homebuilts that rival the best work of professional establishments. I've seen some others that I wouldn't want to walk under. Most are near the middle of the bell curve.

* Your best bet is to find a Glasair-specific forum or group and ask there for recommendations on A&Ps who are essentially Glasair experts. It might be somewhat pricey, but almost certainly worth it in the long run.

* You can also do a lot of your own homework by finding that Glasair-specific forum or group and reading everything you can. That way you have an idea of what normal looks like so you can recognize abnormal when you see it.

--Bob K.
    Bob Kuykendall
    HP-24 kit sailplane project

HP-24 Project Facebook Page
    http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24
    EAA Technical Counselor

The Glasair Aircraft Owner's Association is a great resource, go to https://glasair-owners.com/