Thread: how do you sign up for the EEA version?

how do you sign up for the EEA version?

Have tried to sign up and I just wind up going arround in circles.

This is not a friendly program to sign up for.

Real instructions would be helpful, such as

1 go to page xxxx
    2 select zzzzz
    3 go to wwwww,,, etc.

You know something simple instead of going to a advertisement , read this , read this , read this , etc.

Quite disappointed in this problem and for the EEA pushing this product without making it a simple " push button here"

Time is to valuable to waste on going around in circles.

Guess I will just go with another program , even if I have to pay.

Go ahead and flame , I know most of you out there have had the same problem.

This thread is a bit old but figured I’d respond since I just went thru the same thing.

At some point it asks you if you have a 9020 number. You click NO because you don’t have one yet.
    After they email you one you eventually wind up at the same page. It’s really easy to breeze past that part and loop back to where you were before. To stop the loop hit YES when it ask you if you have a 9020 number.

After that it’s pretty straight forward.
    but yeah for a little bit there I wanted break something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KMSJR View Post
    Have tried to sign up and I just wind up going arround in circles.

This is not a friendly program to sign up for.

Real instructions would be helpful, such as

1 go to page xxxx
    2 select zzzzz
    3 go to wwwww,,, etc.

You know something simple instead of going to a advertisement , read this , read this , read this , etc.

Quite disappointed in this problem and for the EEA pushing this product without making it a simple " push button here"

Time is to valuable to waste on going around in circles.

Guess I will just go with another program , even if I have to pay.

Go ahead and flame , I know most of you out there have had the same problem.

Once you fill out our form to request the download, we do email you step by step instructions.

Part of the reason the instructions aren't clear from the start on our website is that we hope that you read the hardware requirements before you download the software. If you don't, you may miss that it wasn't designed to work on a Mac, and that it requires a more powerful graphics card than an entry level PC.

I just did all that and it tells me that key I was emailed is invalid. Now what?

Seriously, EAA, if you're going to offer this, can you please make it a little easier to access? Like a big button that says "DOWNLOAD SOLIDWORKS" ?

Took me about 30 minutes of opening various pages and reading a lot of useless junk before I stumbled upon the right page. Filled in the form. Got my key. Key doesn't work. I keep going around in circles. Seems you only get one shot at filling out the form that gets you the access key. Filled in the request form multiple times but never got another response after the first one. Solidworks website is equally useless. Another tedious sign-up process only to find out that "contact us" means "you can't really contact us, stop bothering us".

Signed, Frustrated.
    Last edited by Aerco; 06-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Sorry, we are literally in the process of updating that code because we just got the new code for 2019-2020 from DS SolidWorks, yesterday. Email me (or check you Private Messages) and I will send you the revised code.
    Last edited by Cory Puuri; 06-13-2019 at 08:43 AM.

I have received the code, but now Solidworks wants a serial number before I can download.

That appears on the last website screen before you click the download button. Email me if you didn't see it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    Once you fill out our form to request the download, we do email you step by step instructions.

Part of the reason the instructions aren't clear from the start on our website is that we hope that you read the hardware requirements before you download the software. If you don't, you may miss that it wasn't designed to work on a Mac, and that it requires a more powerful graphics card than an entry level PC.
    Hi Cory:
    I am a relatively new EAA member and would like to download Solidworks onto my 64 bit 2014 computer - that has been used for a 2014 competing CAD program in the past so I'm expecting my video horsepower to be adequate.

EDITED January 18th 2021: I found out the agbove computer was too old for Solidworks. Thanks anyway.
    -Fly-in'Ray
    Last edited by Fly-in'Ray; 01-18-2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: I know it now. The computer was too old for Solidworks.