The "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website is celebrating its 20th Anniversary! Driven by my interest to document our nation's disappearing aviation infrastructure, I put it on the web back in 1999. It's hard to believe now, but that was only 8 years after the world's first website, and only one year after the creation of Google.

The website has gone through incredible changes & growth: adding the domain name www.airfieldsfreeman.com, changing web hosting providers, but most of all adding an amazing amount of content documenting an ever-growing set of airfields, 90% of which has been sent in by readers. Some of these dedicated band of fellow aviation historians have been sending me material for literally 20 years. That has resulted in the website now covering a total of2,342 airfields, across all 50 states. Many readers have told me that by seeing how many airfields we've lost, it motivates them to support the airfields we still have. That is the website's most important role.

So thanks to everyone who has supported the website over the past 20 years!

If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know.

Paul Freeman

www.airfieldsfreeman.com