Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem getting tickets

+2 on Tom and Randy, Could never understand why tickets needed so early. Never had a problem on line. Took about 10 minutes max and was good to go.

Bill L

Took a look today in the Extremetixweb site to see if my tickets are available for printing, saw a notice that prepurchased accounts have been moved, and an email will go out with the new conformation link. Have yet to receive this email, anyone else received it yet?

I have attended Airventure each year for 35 years. I have never bought a ticket 3 months in advance, nor have I had to buy them on line of use a computer to do so. I go to the window and there they are. Am I missing out on some great technology thrill.?

Nope, back when I paid to get in, I just bought everything (tickets, camping, program, even renewed my EAA membership) all with the nice ladies in the booth. They even looked up my EAA number for me.

To me, it's not a good idea to buy the tickets (flight line passes and such) in advance of the start of the event. Since these are non-refundable, you would lose the money if something came up that didn't allow you to attend. The few dollars saved are, at least to me, not worth it. I've never had to stand in line very long to buy the tickets on site..........
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

I suspect that some folks who buy in advance online are first time recent visitors to AirVenture. Most pics of the event DO show massive crowds and if you haven't experienced the walk-up ticket shacks you could easily envision Disney-ride type long lines to get in to the place. The ticket stalls I've passed all seemed to have relatively short lines and it was a pretty quick process to get your wristband.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I’m a long time attendee, just like the convenience of having pre-paid tickets. But this experience has proved this false. Just wanted to see if others were experiencing the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I suspect that some folks who buy in advance online are first time recent visitors to AirVenture. Most pics of the event DO show massive crowds and if you haven't experienced the walk-up ticket shacks you could easily envision Disney-ride type long lines to get in to the place. The ticket stalls I've passed all seemed to have relatively short lines and it was a pretty quick process to get your wristband.
    It could be that their also arriving much later in the day. Not at 7am like some us!

Yep... I saw pics of crowds and know that usually means long lines waiting for tickets. So in this day and age advance ticket sales through an event website suggest that it would be prudent to NOT show up without tickets in hand... you know, “be part of the solution, not part of the problem” kinda thing.

After acting on the “aforementioned”... I can’t print my tickets either and have received no email either.
    Last edited by Contrailing; 05-27-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Oshkosh doesn't run on "tickets," so this is the fallacy. It's not like a ball game where they just scan your ticket to validate it. All you're doing is prepaying. It still has to be turned into a wristband once you get to the field.