Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Problem getting tickets

  1. #31
    steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Oshkosh doesn't run on "tickets," so this is the fallacy. It's not like a ball game where they just scan your ticket to validate it. All you're doing is prepaying. It still has to be turned into a wristband once you get to the field.
    Let's just keep it that way. The system isn't broke and it doesn't need fixing except for the prepay thing which should be discontinued.
    Last edited by steve; 05-27-2019 at 07:04 PM.

  2. #32
    FlyingRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC26 (Catawba, NC)
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Let's just keep it that way. The system isn't broke and it doesn't need fixing except for the prepay thing which should be discontinued.
    Well, I was never actually enamored with the wristbands. I remember the old weekly tickets you could have made into buttons, but the EAA got a burr up their posterior about the concept that someone might transfer their weekly pass to another but I'm not sure the wristbands solve that. Especially, the fact that the past few years there's been a marked decrease in quality on the weekly bands and I've had to add tape to them to hold them together anyhow.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Oshkosh doesn't run on "tickets," so this is the fallacy. It's not like a ball game where they just scan your ticket to validate it. All you're doing is prepaying. It still has to be turned into a wristband once you get to the field.
    This pretty much sums it all up. One way or another, you're going to have to stand in line and walk up to a booth to get a wristband at the convention site.

    Also unlike a ball game, this event can't sell out of tickets.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity_Valley View Post

    Also unlike a ball game, this event can't sell out of tickets.
    I wonder if EAA has a limit on how many they can sell? Like a number dictated by the Fire Marshall or something?

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    843
    I believe the Oshkosh Fire Marshall has determined that 375,000 guests on the grounds at one time each day is the maximum safety limit..........I could be mistaken.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVS - Riverside Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    68
    Problem solved, EAA staff helped be get Etix act in order. Shout out to Drew Litrenta, in EAA membership services!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •