Thread: Best Time to Fly In for Good North 40 spot

Best Time to Fly In for Good North 40 spot

All,
    Thinking of flying in Sat morning to get a spot in the north 40 that is somewhat close to registration.... south of 9/27. Not horribly far from the tram. Wouldn't mind being half way down to the approach of ray 9. I certainly don't want to get much past the point where it gets low, I have a heavy plane.

Would Sat morn do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by Lrrryo View Post
    All,
    Thinking of flying in Sat morning to get a spot in the north 40 that is somewhat close to registration.... south of 9/27. Not horribly far from the tram. Wouldn't mind being half way down to the approach of ray 9. I certainly don't want to get much past the point where it gets low, I have a heavy plane.

Would Sat morn do the trick?
    I usually fly in Saturday mid afternoon and get parked adjacent to the more eastern shower house.

Hopefully one of the volunteers who guide the planes to a North 40 parking spot can chime in on how it works on the ground. I'm assuming first come, first served and filling in an area before moving farther East? But knowing what 'assume' means I assume I'm wrong - lol

Last year we (I'm a tram conductor) had two tram stops serving the North 40, one directly north of Warbirds at the gate and then one 1/2 mile or so east of there across from the new showers and store. HOWEVER, I won't know the 2019 tram stop decisions until our briefing at the end of July so can't say for sure those two stops will exist this year. I do note that the official grounds map 'could' be incorrect regarding the stops.

Randy, There is a lot of outdated info on the map here. I notified staff, even got a reply but no changes yet. As Gene told me on face book recently, wont know of changes till day 5 of the convention LOL