Thread: Airventure 2019 for materials?

Airventure 2019 for materials?

Is Airventure 2019 a good place to order materials?

Are there "show specials" on sheet aluminum and steel tube?

I was inclined to skip Airventure 2019 (I've only been once before) so as to save money to begin a project (I have Bearhawk LSA plans).

On the other hand, if discounts are available for show-goers then it might makes sense to make the trip.

Thanks in advance for any experienced advice.

I would suggest calling the vendor(s) directly and asking that quite specific question. It 'could' get you a discount now rather than waiting until July? I volunteer at AirVenture every year and see all kinds of "Show Special" pricing on everything from individual items to aircraft but I don't recall seeing anything about bulk materials.

Some might allow free order pickup at Airventure. So you save on shipping. But only a small order.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Forney View Post
    Is Airventure 2019 a good place to order materials?

Are there "show specials" on sheet aluminum and steel tube?

On the other hand, if discounts are available for show-goers then it might makes sense to make the trip.
    If this is your only reason for attending Oshkosh and if such discounts are available, will they be greater or less than the costs you will incur to attend Oshkosh? This is the question that needs to be answered for your decision to make financial sense.

I agree with CHICAGORANDY. Put a list together and contact vendor(s). Aircraft Spruce and Wicks both transport orders to Airventure, but there are some material size and order value restrictions. Shipping costs can eat up a project budget. I found when I needed aircraft plywood for my Hatz project, I couldn't beat the free shipping OSH because large sheets have to go by truck and plus cost for crating.