Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hints for Homebuilders

Hints for Homebuilders

Hi Folks,

Is any one else tired of the hearing the introduction tune at the beginning of each Hints for Hombuilders' video? I hadn't been on the site for several months and watched 5 - 10 videos last night. I would have watched more but by the third or fourth video I was ready to shoot the computer if I had to listen to THAT SONG again. You'd think they'd figure out a way to only make you listen to it on the first video of the day or when you first log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Hi Folks,

Is any one else tired of the hearing the introduction tune at the beginning of each Hints for Hombuilders' video? I hadn't been on the site for several months and watched 5 - 10 videos last night. I would have watched more but by the third or fourth video I was ready to shoot the computer if I had to listen to THAT SONG again. You'd think they'd figure out a way to only make you listen to it on the first video of the day or when you first log on.
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

The other day I was gonna PM Chad Jensen about that very topic but got sidetracked somehow. Nothing wrong with the song, but after the first 100 or so times listening to it, it is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Besides, every time I listen to it, that's 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

Ditto!!

But the videos are great!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingriki View Post
    Ditto!!

But the videos are great!
    I love the videos too, but if I hear that theme music one more time, I'm going to do something that I'll have to clean up!
    Bill

Seerjfly
    Last edited by Seerjfly; 12-31-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seerjfly View Post
    I turn the sound down till the actual video starts.
    Way too practical, Bob.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Seerjfly
    Last edited by Seerjfly; 12-31-2011 at 08:13 AM.

I mute the music too but it's a step we shouldn't have to take. Maybe someone in OSH will note this thread and make the modification.

I *think* there is a change coming, but don't hold me to that at this point. I'm thinking that I heard a couple months ago that something was gonna change for the intro, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it was exactly. I'll check in to it and see what I can find out.

FWIW...I mute or turn down the speakers too...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Thanks Chad.