Thread: Footless Halls - or why flying is good (video)

Footless Halls - or why flying is good (video)

I made this video when a friend took me flying the other day. Since then, a few folks seem to be using it to show their friends why they like flying. Hope you enjoy it too.

Edit: You'll have to use your imagination to look at the fluffy cloud tops here...
    Last edited by futurshox; 11-29-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Great pics and well done. Sure hope your friend filed IFR
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

I agree.....beautiful flying in and out of the clouds.....except for the disregard for VFR cloud separation limits.

Banned
    Well done! You have captured the essence of pure flight, this infectious disease we pilots all have and the romantic notion we seem to aspire to. In a word it's called freedom.

Looks like fun, and it certainly does capture the magic, but I'd echo Jerry and Frank regarding the obvious disregard for VFR Cloud Clearance requirements. Not a good example to set, particularly the partly-IMC aerobatics.

Also, CTAF calls should include the aircraft's tail number, although I can understand why your friend wouldn't want his registration audible in that video.

You might consider doing your buddy a favor and take the clip down before somebody with "Aviation Safety Inspector" after his name sees it. Even without the tail number, he wouldn't be hard to find; there probably aren't too many RV-8s based at that field.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings