Hey everyone! This is my first time posting in this thread, so hopefully I'm not asking something that you've all already seen.
Introduction: I live in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. I'm 30 years old and I want to learn to fly. Ive always been obsessed with airplanes. Specifically old warplanes. I had given up on the dream of flying until a few years ago when I found out I could build and own replica WW1 aircraft from kits (specifically Airdrome Aeroplanes) even my wife wants to get into that as well. Though she wants an Albatros.

My local flight school seems to only offer Private Pilots training and not Sport Pilot training.

I would rather take Sport training honestly, as I only plan on flying single or 2 seater aircraft for fun. It also seems to be far less expensive (Im sure some eyes are rolling) But the closest place I can find online seems to be 2.5 hours drive away in Brampton. It's quite the drive even once a week.

Does anyone know if there are other options for me? Private instructors? Smaller airports? I've seen other forums on here where flight instructors scoff at the idea of sports pilots. Do I have more options?