Thread: Can't Access Rendering Functions

Can't Access Rendering Functions

I'm enjoying learning SolidWorks, but none of my rendering functions work.
    Final Render, Integrated Preview, Preview Window, Render Region... these are all "greyed out" and won't activate.

I'm aware of the Add-ins screen, but Photo View 360 isn't one of my available options to plug in.

Someone suggested I might have a corrupted installation - but I went into the install menu and through the repair installation process.

Any idea how to get these things turned on?

Since then I've done a complete uninstall, repeat download, and reinstall.
    Still those features do not work.

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Photo View 360 rendering software is hardware dependant. If your graphics card does not support hardware OPENGL, then SolidWorks does software rendering and the Photo View 360 option is greyed out.
    This is NOT an installation problem. I think you can look on the SolidWorks site to see which graphics cards are supported, and my guess is that yours is not. In this case it doesn't mean that you can't run SW - it will simply render slowly.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Meyer View Post
    Photo View 360 rendering software is hardware dependant. If your graphics card does not support hardware OPENGL, then SolidWorks does software rendering and the Photo View 360 option is greyed out.
    This is NOT an installation problem. I think you can look on the SolidWorks site to see which graphics cards are supported, and my guess is that yours is not. In this case it doesn't mean that you can't run SW - it will simply render slowly.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings
    So I dug into my graphics card driver, and it does have OpenGL - it was previously turned off, and Solidworks was not one of the programs that the computer recognized as using OpenGL.
    So I turned it on, and associated Solidworks with OpenGL in that menu -- and it still isn't working.

Name:  3d options.JPG
Views: 4457
Size:  76.3 KBName:  2d options #2.JPG
Views: 4113
Size:  67.7 KB

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    To check if your computer/graphics combination is "certified" or "tested" I suggest you go to:

https://www.solidworks.com/SW/suppor...rdtesting.html

Bingo. Neither the computer or graphics card is certified or tested.

An untested card or equipment combo may or may not work for rendering functions. I'm running a Dell with a card that is not on the list and it works fine.

It's not the graphic card in this case. Photoview 360 is only available in the Professional/Premium version of SOLIDWORKS.