Thread: Best 2 Days to go to AirVenture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best 2 Days to go to AirVenture

Good afternoon,
    I will be travelling from out of town to AirVenture 2019 and if I had ONLY 2 days (consecutively) to spend at AirVenture, which 2 days would that be? Mon & Tues? Wed & Thurs? Or the weekend? Any thoughts/advice?
    Thanks!

My vote would be Wed/Thur. See the night airshow. Otherwise.....................all of them.

Especially if weather becomes a concern, many pilots start bugging out Friday and Saturday, Come Sunday things are definitely winding down.

Tuesday-Thursday is a prime time IMHO. Highest number of planes on the ground and the joint is hoppin' - lol

Yesterday and the day before yesterday.

You know, when you tell people what fun you're having at Airventure, they always say, "Hey, you should have been here yesterday....." :-)

Ron "Ice cream yesterday, ice cream tomorrow, never ice cream today" Wanttaja

I'd agree with previous recommendations that you attend on Tue/Wed or Wed/Thu.... and make plans to attend for the whole week for your following visit.

Tuesday/Wednesday. Things start to thin out after mid week. If there is a big draw like the Blue Angels on Friday or Saturday then the locals mob the place and traffic is awful. If you are in the buying mode the end of the week is your best bet as the vendors are more willing to wheel and deal because they don’t want to ship their stock back.
    Two days is not enough to see everything. Have a plan as to what you want to see: Vintage, Warbirds, ULs, Experimental, Vendors, Museum, Seaplane Base, etc.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun