Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New ideas for Chapter meetings?

These meetings are guy things, no women allowed, right. So we only want to do guy things, like getting dirty and tearing things apart and stuff like that. The other seat is for another guy not some wifee type. I mean, when we go some place, it's to look at other airplanes or meet with other guys and look at their planes and talk about planes. It's probably a waste of my time, but I've scheduled our Chapter for a "Fly-Out" to a place that has a unique historic downtown area with lots of shops, great restaurants, and is having an art fair going on. Wonder how that will turn out? More Later.

Trailbossbob
    EAA 44 <eaa44.org> in Rocheste NY offers several other programs besides monthly meetings to entice the general public and the flying community.

We hosted a stop of Pres. Hightower's Grassroots Tour last summer as part of our new Sport Aviation Center Grand Opening and Dedication.

We host FAA FAAST WINGS seminars and AOPA ASI Safety Seminars.

Our chapter organizes aviation museum tours. We have chartered a bus to go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton and plan to go to the NASM and Udvar-Hazy this summer. These are long weekend trips to allow for travel and plenty of time to see the museums, spouses are welcomed.

Our members restored or built replicas of significant aircraft in Rochester aviation history and these now hang from the ceiling of the Rochester airport terminal.

Our primary fundraiser for many years has been our "Original Oshkosh Airlift" where we organize round-trip transportation from ROC to OSH, ground transportation from OSH to dorm rooms at UW, and daily shuttle to the convention site. This is open to anyone, you don't need to be a member.

More info can be found at our website or contact me.

Bob Nelligan-Barrett
    EAA 44 Board Member