Thread: Get the to colorado!

Get the to colorado!

If you are a skier/boarder, get out here as soon as possible , we are having an exceptionally good snow year. Id enjoy meeting anyone visiting for lunch or to show around the area or airport, the fbo, Atlantic has my phone or in info. The closest hotel to the airport is Inn At Aspen, the best hotel, money no object is Jerome, right in town, and no there's no motel 6.

We've already made two ski trips this year (just back from the last one) and are planning at least one more. The snow has been at least good and often great at Copper Mountain; haven't skied Aspen in decades now.

If you drive up from Denver on I-70, expect very heavy traffic westbound on Saturday mornings and even worse eastbound on Sunday night. In other words, ski mid-week IF you are going to drive from Denver. EGE - Eagle, Colorado - has a lot of flights this time of year and you'll avoid the I-70 crush of traffic on weekends.

If you drive to Eagle, just keep going, you are more than half way to Aspen, about another hour and a half drive ,or if you are flying its 25 miles over one little ridge. And, unlike the Eagle Airport when you land at Aspen you are right nest to one of our four ski mountains. not a long drive away still. Copper is pretty good, but man it can be cold there.