Thread: Fokker D7 1/2 scale

Fokker D7 1/2 scale

Many years ago, there were a group of builders in the Oshkosh/lower Wisconsin area who started building scales replicas of the Fokker D7. I have seen at least 2 fuselages, on gears, together in a picture. The information I have is that there were 6 different builders. I am working with the widow of John Beetham to find a new home for his project. I am told that several of the original 5 have since died.

My goal is to find a set of plans, if any exist, and make this a project for some young people to get involved with aviation and building.

John's project appears to have the fuselage and the tail feathers finished except for covering and there is a start on the wings, 25 ribs. The only thing I can find close to a drawing is part of the fixture for making the wing ribs.

Any help or leads would be very much appreciated.

Steve

Steve, I am building full scale from Replicraft plans. These plans can be and are used by modelers.

Jim Gross

Quote Originally Posted by lathropdad View Post
    Many years ago, there were a group of builders in the Oshkosh/lower Wisconsin area who started building scales replicas of the Fokker D7. I have seen at least 2 fuselages, on gears, together in a picture. The information I have is that there were 6 different builders. I am working with the widow of John Beetham to find a new home for his project. I am told that several of the original 5 have since died.

My goal is to find a set of plans, if any exist, and make this a project for some young people to get involved with aviation and building.

John's project appears to have the fuselage and the tail feathers finished except for covering and there is a start on the wings, 25 ribs. The only thing I can find close to a drawing is part of the fixture for making the wing ribs.

Any help or leads would be very much appreciated.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Fokker Builder View Post
    Steve, I am building full scale from Replicraft plans. These plans can be and are used by modelers.

Jim Gross
    I may be stuck following your suggestion. That is not an issue to scale a set of plans.

Do you have a suggestion for a source for the plans?

Steve

Just do a web search for Replicraft

Thanks for the suggestion. I have not tried that search.