The drawings for my Boredom Fighter project call for Fafnir RE 43 10 double row ball bearing rod ends at the forward, bell crank end of the two aileron push rods. These bearings have a 1/4" bolt hole and are hollow shafted, to fit over the 1/2"OD x 0.35" wall steel pushrod. These are no longer available via A/Spruce and were quite pricey, several years ago. The MS equivalent seems to be MS21152-3 and the only ones I can find on the web are in the region of $350+ each. Way over my budget.
At the other end of the push rod, "F45-19" rod ends are used and these still seem to be available via Aircraft Spruce, although they were also expensive when I last looked. These have a 1/4" bolt hole and 5/16" internal threads.

I guess the double row ball bearing type will always be pricey, but maybe they are over specified for what is needed? I want to retain as smooth a feel as reasonably possible for the ailerons but without sacrificing too much and without gaining any weight, at a price I can afford. Any alternative would have to be acceptable to the U.K. L.A.A. engineering dept. and it would be up to me to convince them. They may require a formal modification application, if less than convinced.

The aircraft is non aerobatic in the U.K. and the VNE is around 115mph, AUW about 750lbs.

Can anyone suggest where I may be able to find alternative parts and some advice on how to approach this?

Thanks!

Ian