Thread: Tony Bingelis Article Catalog

Tony Bingelis Article Catalog

I hadn't noticed this before, and it's real slick.

EAA has a tribute to the late Tony Bingelis up on its web page. The tribute ends with a listing of all his Sport Aviation articles.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/aircraft-bui...-tony-bingelis

If you're looking for specific help on a particular subject, Tony was the best person to help...and EAA's catalog of his articles would be a big aid to finding this help.

Kudos for EAA for posting that list....

Ron Wanttaja

Wow, just... wow. That's a lot of information. Mr. Bignelis was before my time, but I've got his books on my wish list. Now I have a much longer reading list, I guess!
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Tony was quite the prolific builder. He amassed a wealth of builder info. I know he built a Flagler Scooter, an Emeraude and a Turner T-40(??) but don’t recall him building and all metal plane. All metal construction options were pretty limited back then. Wish I could have met the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Tony was quite the prolific builder. He amassed a wealth of builder info. I know he built a Flagler Scooter, an Emeraude and a Turner T-40(??) but don’t recall him building and all metal plane.
    "While stationed in Japan during 1960, Tony started his first to-be-completed homebuilt, a Piel Emeraude, in a clothes closet workshop. The Emeraude was finished in Texas six years later. This project was followed closely, by a Flaglor Scooter, an Evans Volksplane, a Turner T-40, another Emeraude, a Falco, and all of the VanGrunsven RV series homebuilts."

I believe "all" in this case is dated. IIRC he built an RV-3, -4, and a -6A.

Ron Wanttaja