An update.

I have been in contact with James Wiebe of Belite and he has agreed to work with me to resolve the issue regarding the fuel level sensor system he builds.

One of his arguments and he was right, it has been three yrs since I bought the system but time in service was only days till the problem developed.

I understand this is an issue for sellers as we home builders sometime take yrs to complete and new parts can sit on the shelf for a while. With the speed of advancement, especially in electronics, by the time we install it may be obsolete.

He feels the problem with his system,,,,which measures the weight of the fuel,,,,is the return system required by electronic fuel injection. There is so much fuel coming back that it confuses the sensor.

Any body have an opinion on this.

The fuel return system does create issues by doubling the amount of fuel lines in the aircraft and generally thru the cockpit.

The plus side is the fuel flow in the lines/tank is so high there would be little chance of ice buildup or debris not being caught by the large filters.

I believe as high as 25 gal/hr.

There is a system by Viking that uses a header tank with dual pumps built in which eliminates returning fuel back to the main tanks??

Any experience with this?