Thread: Find active chapters (and meeting information) in Atlanta?

Find active chapters (and meeting information) in Atlanta?

I live just south of Atlanta Georgia (I can sometimes hear planes landing at Hartsfield). And I am trying to get more involved with the EAA, and meet more pilots and builders. I have attended a couple of meetings of EAA 468, and they are a great group in Williamson, but it is a long drive that is made worse by my reluctance to wake up early on a Saturday morning.

I would expect that there are other chapters closer, but when I search the nearest I can find is Newnan (I would like to drop in on a meeting soon).
    Are there any active chapters in Atlanta?

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello, have you tried searching for chapters near Atlanta on EAA's website? There are a couple active chapters in the Atlanta area with contact information. You can search for chapters here: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-chapters...an-eaa-chapter

If you have any additional questions, I can reach out to our chapters office.

Quote Originally Posted by thisadviceisworthles View Post
    I live just south of Atlanta Georgia (I can sometimes hear planes landing at Hartsfield). And I am trying to get more involved with the EAA, and meet more pilots and builders. I have attended a couple of meetings of EAA 468, and they are a great group in Williamson, but it is a long drive that is made worse by my reluctance to wake up early on a Saturday morning.

I would expect that there are other chapters closer, but when I search the nearest I can find is Newnan (I would like to drop in on a meeting soon).
    Are there any active chapters in Atlanta?

EAA 1025
    Atlanta, GA
    President: Emory Geiger
    Meetings: 3rd Sat., 8:00 AM 8:30AM
    Hangar J
    Oxford GA 30054
    Programs: Flight Advisors, Eagle Flights

EAA 1415
    Atlanta, GA
    President: Richard Hogan
    Meetings: 3rd Sat., 9:30AM
    63 Industrial Dr.
    Cartersville GA 30120
    Programs: Young Eagles
    Robert "Bob" Ferguson, EAA #1228198
    President/Flight Coordinator EAA 78
    EAA-The Spirit of Aviation
    Phone: 267.243.5198
    eaachapter78@gmail.com
    https://chapters.eaa.org/eaa78
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/eaachapter78/

You can always go from nice to mean.
    But you can NEVER go from mean to nice.
    BE KIND to ONE ANOTHER!

Chapter 1415’s meeting info is out of date. They have reorganized and now meet up in Calhoun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Chapter 1415’s meeting info is out of date. They have reorganized and now meet up in Calhoun
    How does 1025 look?
    Robert "Bob" Ferguson, EAA #1228198
    President/Flight Coordinator EAA 78
    EAA-The Spirit of Aviation
    Phone: 267.243.5198
    eaachapter78@gmail.com
    https://chapters.eaa.org/eaa78
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/eaachapter78/

You can always go from nice to mean.
    But you can NEVER go from mean to nice.
    BE KIND to ONE ANOTHER!

I live near the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, and Cartersville is over an hour from me, Calhoon is 40 minutes farther. Neither are realistic while I don't have a plane of my own. I emailed the address on file for 1025 to verify the meeting time, but I never heard anything back, and at nearly an hour away I don't want to make the drive unless I am sure it is happening. The next ones I want to check out are EAA 6 in Newnan and 1568 in Locust Grove, but I think both meetings are canceled in December for Christmas.

I live near the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, and Cartersville is over an hour from me, Calhoon is 40 minutes farther. Neither are realistic while I don't have a plane of my own. I emailed the address on file for 1025 to verify the meeting time, but I never heard anything back, and at nearly an hour away I don't want to make the drive unless I am sure it is happening. The next ones I want to check out are EAA 6 in Newnan and 1568 in Locust Grove, but I think both meetings are canceled in December for Christmas.
    Hi I'm just checking in, were you able to find any more info? If not perhaps I can help. Feel free to reach out to me either via email (ecernjar@eaa.org) or you can call me directly (920-426-6829)

Thanks!
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

I attended the 1025 pancake breakfast last month and I enjoyed getting to know that group. It's a little too far to plan regular attendance, but I am hoping that I can make a few more trips out there and attend a few of their meetings.

This month I want to attend the EAA 6 meeting in Newnan. I am told that they meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month, like the other EAA Chapters in the area.

With this weather lately, if I can fly on a Saturday I am inclined to cancel everything to do that.

I attended the 1025 pancake breakfast last month and I enjoyed getting to know that group. It's a little too far to plan regular attendance, but I am hoping that I can make a few more trips out there and attend a few of their meetings.

This month I want to attend the EAA 6 meeting in Newnan. I am told that they meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month, like the other EAA Chapters in the area.

With this weather lately, if I can fly on a Saturday I am inclined to cancel everything to do that.
    Great! I'd love to hear an update
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

I plan to go to the next pancake meeting myself in Lawrenceville (chapter 690). They seem to be very active. About 45 min. from you +/- on a Saturday morning