Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultralights to Airventure 2011 from Canada

Thanks, Joe. Yes, it's really bad today - has been raining sinceEarly morning. Had some respite but the clouds are back.

Big Grin Back home!

Friends - I landed safely at my home airstrip at 1915 EDT on Saturday, July 30. On my way back, I decided to fly the northern route so as to take advantage of some good weather, beautiful scenery and most importantly tailwinds!!

I left OSH on Friday, July 29 in the evening at about 1800CDT and flew for a couple of hours to MNM (Menominee) where I spent the night. I resumed my journey the next day at about 0800 CDT and flew for more than 7 hours to my home airport - CPG7 (Juergenson Field) in Ontario, Canada.
    Fuelling stops along the way included ESC (Escanaba), ISC (Manistique) and CIU (Chippewa) before crossing the border in to Canada and landing at YZE (Gore-Bay Manitoulin) for customs and immigration. The flight between CIU and YZE was mostly over water, which was a little unnerving at first before I settled in. I flew at 5000ft all along. Although it was cold, I got the best tailwinds at this height. I flew the last leg between YZE and my home airstrip (CPG7) non-stop! It was nice to see familiar surroundings and my family and fellow pilots when I landed.

I made new friends and met some very amazing people on the way and back, and at OSH. The volunteers in the Ultralight area and the Barn were just awesome, always there to help when needed. And always with a big smile! All in all, it was the most wonderful trip that I have made in my X Air.

The airplane (X Air Standard) and engine (HKS700e) performed flawlessly along the entire trip. I burnt 100LL and changed oil at OSH.

Thank you for being part of this amazing experience.
    Until next time, Harish Jadeja signing off.

Big Grin Back home!

Friends - I landed safely at my home airstrip at 1915 EDT on Saturday, July 30. On my way back, I decided to fly the northern route so as to take advantage of some good weather, beautiful scenery and most importantly tailwinds!!

I left OSH on Friday, July 29 in the evening at about 1800CDT and flew for a couple of hours to MNM (Menominee) where I spent the night. I resumed my journey the next day at about 0800 CDT and flew for more than 7 hours to my home airport - CPG7 (Juergenson Field) in Ontario, Canada.
    Fuelling stops along the way included ESC (Escanaba), ISC (Manistique) and CIU (Chippewa) before crossing the border in to Canada and landing at YZE (Gore-Bay Manitoulin) for customs and immigration. The flight between CIU and YZE was mostly over water, which was a little unnerving at first before I settled in. I flew at 5000ft all along. Although it was cold, I got the best tailwinds at this height. I flew the last leg between YZE and my home airstrip (CPG7) non-stop! It was nice to see familiar surroundings and my family and fellow pilots when I landed.

I made new friends and met some very amazing people on the way and back, and at OSH. The volunteers in the Ultralight area and the Barn were just awesome, always there to help when needed. And always with a big smile! All in all, it was the most wonderful trip that I have made in my X Air.

The airplane (X Air Standard) and engine (HKS700e) performed flawlessly along the entire trip. I burnt 100LL and changed oil at OSH.

Thank you for being part of this amazing experience.
    Until next time, Harish Jadeja signing off

EAA Staff / Moderator Timm Bogenhagen's Avatar
    Harish,
    Congrats on your adventure flying to AirVenture. Looking forward to seeing you and your plane in Oshkosh 2012. Here is a pic of your beautiful X-AIR being pushed back from the flightline.
    Have Fun & Fly Safe!
    Timm
    EAA 379292
    MiniMAX 1600R
    Challenger II
    HiMAX - in progress