Thread: Asking for Contact Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Asking for Contact Help

Can anyone here help me get in contact with the Gig Harbor Light Sport Flying Club? Their website is out of date, listing contact info for Phil Blum, former president and CFI. Unfortunately, Phil passed away around a year ago. The rumor mill from our EAA chapter indicates the club may still be active, and their Aeronca Chief may still be flying. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYDAN View Post
    Can anyone here help me get in contact with the Gig Harbor Light Sport Flying Club? Their website is out of date, listing contact info for Phil Blum, former president and CFI. Unfortunately, Phil passed away around a year ago. The rumor mill from our EAA chapter indicates the club may still be active, and their Aeronca Chief may still be flying. Any help would be much appreciated.
    You might try the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:

http://www.pacificnorthwestflying.co....php?board=1.0

If you're on Facebook, you might try FATPNW (Flights Above the Pacific Northwest):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FATPNW/

Ron Wanttaja

Thanks, Ron! I'll give those a try. BTW, I caught your presentation regarding FlyBaby at one of our meetings a few months ago. Maybe someday, if can ever get that elusive Sport Pilot certificate, I can give one a try.

Well, I tried those sites and to date have received Zero responses. I have a local address listed on the FAA registration for the Club's plane, but no names or contact numbers. I have to assume, at this point, the "club" is closed to the public and prospective members. So, nice try, no cigar.

I was told that club had one or two Cessna Skycatchers. The guy said his chance to get a membership would take a long time and he was 85 at the time. (about 8 years ago)
    I don't know anything current about that club.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 12-11-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks, Bill. But you might be thinking about RFTS, also here at KTIW. Yes, they have a Skycatcher and several 172s. I approached them for membership, and was told the club was closed to new members and not accepting applications for a wait list. The club I'm referring to was honchoed by Phil Blum, a long-time flyer, CFI, owner of a nicely restored 1946 Aeronca Chief, and all-around great guy. Unfortunately, he took his last flight to the great beyond around a year ago, and the web site for Gig Harbor Light Sport Flying club has not been updated. Rumor says the club is still active, and the plane is still in FAA registry, with a flight plan filed just this October.