Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A complete report on the aerodynamic and strength design of an ul aircraft

"Highly accurate models"...okay. How are you validating them? How do you know they are "Highly Accurate?" From what I've seen in your thread here so far, you are leaning heavily (entirely?) on CFD and FEM analysis, which are dangerous to rely on without any validation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gonitzke View Post
    "Highly accurate models"...okay. How are you validating them? How do you know they are "Highly Accurate?" From what I've seen in your thread here so far, you are leaning heavily (entirely?) on CFD and FEM analysis, which are dangerous to rely on without any validation.
    Dear Mr Matt,
    Very good question. I ran a lot of real-world models in my PC and results was getting close to experimental.

It's a long time since my last post.
    The month was too busy. I had a lot of technicals problem with the dam's rebuild. Finally, I solve all of them but it wasn't easy. Now its' vertical slide gate operates smooth and soon will be ready to work the radial overflow gate also.

About the aircraft's project, i made some 3d drawings and i will start to build it. A high experienced composite builder here in Greece will make moulds and the first plane. Of course, i will help him, not only to reduce cost but also because i like it.

I will keep notice and photos from the build and i will share it with you, and i hope that you will enjoy it.

I need a little time of course because i have to solve some technical problems. For example, I have to measure other similar aircraft's cockpits and compare with my own to make sure that it will be comfortable enough. I have to make a research on the vacuum suction's construction because i want to make sure that it will be easy and comfortable to use for the pilot etc

Some 3d views of the aircraft. Additionally a drag polar with and without suction, you can see the benefit in drag. I hope that you will like it.

I will post tomorrow or day after tomorrow some magnitude pic with and without suction to make more clean the suction's benefit in the boundary layer.
    Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  39.5 KB
    Name:  1-2.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  41.0 KB
    Name:  a1.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  43.0 KB
    Name:  a2.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  49.8 KB
    Name:  a3.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  53.8 KB
    Name:  a4.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  39.6 KB
    Name:  a6.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  21.9 KB
    Name:  a7.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  26.5 KB

Some analysis' software screenshots (OpenFOAM). You can see the boundary layer benefits.
    Also, i calculated the cost for a complete aircraft and i believe that it is affordable enough.

Best regards

Name:  blc-off.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  6.9 KB
    pic 1: blc off
    Name:  blc-on.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  8.6 KB
    pic 2: blc on