Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EAA website unreachable?

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hi Dave, the reason you can still access the EAA Forums is because it is not part of eaa.org. Our IT staff is working as quickly as they can to get our primary website functioning again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Thanks for your concern and your patience while EAA migrates its web properties. There is no hack or compromise to our systems, just the normal teething pains that come with a migration of this magnitude. The passwords issue has been fixed and EAA’s I.T. team is working diligently to address other known issues and to improve your online experience.
    The password issue hasn't been fixed, it seems to me. I can get to the main page (though it's slow) but each click on reset password says it works but I've never received the email. I tried several times yesterday and once already today, with no luck.

Hopefully you'll get it ironed out soon.

Larry N.

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    The password issue hasn't been fixed, it seems to me. I can get to the main page (though it's slow) but each click on reset password says it works but I've never received the email. I tried several times yesterday and once already today, with no luck.

Hopefully you'll get it ironed out soon.

I'd recommend giving our membership services team a call (800-564-6322). They can manually reset your password so that you can get through. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

I did call and get the passwd changed, but it appears that the new web site has increased dependency on third party sites, since there are a whole lot of sites on which I must allow Javascript, and a couple on which Privacy Badger must be set to allow cookies (other than EAA site). More and more places are doing this, reducing my web surfing and exploration even on trusted sites. So with my current Firefox (an older version -- too new breaks some add-ons) I can't read the news section, requiring me to use Opera for that (I won't use Chrome).

It gets really old trying to figure out WHICH of a long list in NoScript needs to be temporarily allowed for a given site, but I want the protection NoScript gives (and Privacy Badger, too -- prevent cookies on sites that would otherwise track you).

Sigh...

Larry N.

I’m having problems trying to look up a technical counselor. I keep on getting an “error “ message. Any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahle76 View Post
    I’m having problems trying to look up a technical counselor. I keep on getting an “error “ message. Any solutions?
    Funny you should mention that! I was looking for it yesterday as well. Here's whatcha do.....

From the main page, pull down the "aircraft building" tab in the top bar. Under that, "Volunteer Assistance". That will bring up a page with TC's, Flight Advisors, and Homebuilt Council (fuzzy on that last one exact name). Click on Tech Counselor's and the familiar page will be found. HOWEVER: When I typed in my zip code for "find a counselor", it generated an error. But at least we know where to find it!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton