Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Changes to OSH Arrivals procedures?

If any pilots are staring at the ADS-B panel instead of see and be seen or if ADS-B is required to attend then you can be sure I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    If any pilots are staring at the ADS-B panel instead of see and be seen or if ADS-B is required to attend then you can be sure I won't.
    ADS-B is proposed by EAA as a requirement when ceiling is less than 1500ft. We have till 27 Nov to comment to EAA.

Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    ADS-B is proposed by EAA as a requirement when ceiling is less than 1500ft. We have till 27 Nov to comment to EAA.
    What is the address for comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    What is the address for comments?
    Feedback@eaa.org

perhaps we all ought to be perusing the proposed changes at https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/news-and-...ecommended-FAA

I read thel EAA proposal with concern. There are 3 points, first it claims to have consulted all or at least many points of view in the planning, I wonder about this. In some cases EAA officials like Mac have written about the Fisk arrival when actually they fly into Oshkosh on an ifr clearance and and a different route. . I wonder how many of the last 30 years he or others in the same position have flown in via Fisk? There are some good folks in EAA offices , but often it feels as if there is a disconnect to the membership. I have never seen a survey by EAA of members on arrival suggestions, but then I have only flown in for 35 years by vfr arrival in different planes so may not be a good source. As for experts, I would give a lot of weight to those FAA people who are actually on the ground at Ripon, Fisk, though their objective may be different than pilots. Last point, now EAA is pushing to have ADS B as a requirement to fly in. It cost thousands of $$$ to fly into Osh every year, getting the planes ready, fuel, insurance, very high housing costs for week, rental car, and or taxis, food, rides in Tri motor or B-17, etc, Adding $$$ for an avionics device might discourage some, even me from coming. I know many are proud of any new device they have, like a lady with a new handbag, but Ive never needed ads to find Osh and don't relish spending $4000 to do so now. Finally, many pilots complain about how bad the arrival is, facts are that it has worked for decades and I cant even recall a collision on the arrival other than in the pattern. This year, the weather and its timing were the most intrusive, it may be better next time. We should be cautions to change a proven and known procedure.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 12-03-2018 at 07:06 AM.