Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Fully Equipped LSA for under $85,000--The promise fullfilled!!??

Quote Originally Posted by kscessnadriver View Post
    Materials are never going to be cheap enough for that to happen.
    Really? So why is it the same quantity of "materials" can be used to build a boat and the sale price will be quite a bit less that for an airplane? Obviously, the sale price reflects more than just the cost of materials.

Anybody care to make book on what will happen to the price of used c150/152s or Cherokee 140s if in fact the proposal that EAA and AOPA plan to forward concerning the "driver's license medical" DOES take effect?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jobti View Post
    Anybody care to make book on what will happen to the price of used c150/152s or Cherokee 140s if in fact the proposal that EAA and AOPA plan to forward concerning the "driver's license medical" DOES take effect?
    Logic and market forces says you could be right so I'll take some of that action. However, I thought the same thing would happen to the used Cessna SE market when Cessna went back to making new SE's back in the mid-90's....didn't happen.

I don't think the proposal for the drivers license medical will impact pricing on any used aircraft. As I read the article on that subject it would cover fixed-gear singles up to 180HP, day VRF with only one passenger,that means you can fly Archers and Skyhawks under the rule as well. There are plenty for sale and a lot more sitting in hangers whose owners fly them less then 10 hours a year! These are still certified aircraft that are more costly to maintain then an Experimental or even a S-LSA. What it means to me is that I save all the FAA paperwork, cost, and lost time waiting for an OK to fly.

Joe

Hello guys, Michael Coates from Pipistrel USA here (EAA671189) and happy to come across your thread. I don't know why there are always a couple of unbelieving people using the anonymity of the Internet to hide behind with their silly claims.

We have quoted the price of an aircraft of $85,000, when we sell the aircraft to you we enter into a sales agreement which locks the price at the time you pay your deposit. $85,000 will give you the exact aircraft which we have published on our website with all of the standard features listed. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.... A contract is a contract and $85,000 is the full and final flyaway price.

This is not planned to be any introductory seller and it is not a switch and bait exercise. If you had bothered to read any of the information associated with the different aircraft you would understand that the Virus SW is a completely different aircraft and much more expensive to manufacture although it comes out of the same airframe molds..... The Virus SW because of the higher flight speeds (up to 148 kn cruise when not registered in the LSA category) is a complete honeycomb manufacture whereas the standard Virus Aircraft and the Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer are just carbon fibre.

Many people have asked how can we sell the aircraft so cheaply.....

It is purely based on a numbers game and the benefits of operating a true production line with identical plane after plane after plane.

All of the other Pipistrel aircraft models are manufactured when ordered, each one is unique and different and has different instrumentation and configuration. This costs money to do on an aircraft production line because everything is always different.

The Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer configuration is cast in stone, there can be no changes to its configuration whatsoever so the factory then have the confidence in being able to forecast purchasing for the different Avionics and materials needed to manufacture the aircraft because they know they are going to be building 10 each month for the next two years as an example, they can go to the different suppliers and ask for a better price on 10 items to be delivered each and every month for the next two years and so on. The Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer is the exact same aircraft which Pipistrel are building for the Indian Army with an order now of more than 200 units, so now it is easy to see how the benefits in a true production line with identical manufacture can flow through to the end users at a decent price.

I would be happy to accept anybody's deposit with a guaranteed delivery date and a guaranteed delivered price of $85,000 to the new Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer.

One thing that you should understand about Pipistrel is they are not in the business of vapourware or hype. Look in the latest edition of the EAA sport aviation magazine and you will see that Pipistrel are featured on nine different pages. They were the first people in the world to fly an electric two seat aircraft, they were the first people in the world to fly an electric four seat aircraft, they were the first people in the world to circumnavigate the globe in an ultralight registered aircraft solo without assistance and they are the first at so many different things that it is sometimes hard to keep up.

I would encourage you to go to this website http://www.worldgreenflight.com/ and follow a Pipistrel aircraft which has just left the factory flying around the world westbound including over the top of Mount Everest and also visiting Antarctica..... tomorrow he will be leaving Dakar in West Africa and flying across the Atlantic Ocean to land in Brazil! some nearly 2000 odd miles and the equivalent distance of New York to Phoenix Arizona without landing, without refuelling and without assistance!

enjoy

I know very little about a "Pipistral"; just looked at the website and it looks a bit like a lesser genric verison of a Cessna 160.
    For those that do believe, I hope they do bring lots of them to the US for $85k.
    However, what have you really got? A company in Slovania that is asking for deposits and then you'll have a contract for this.
    Hey, it might work out, if you just believe. I never saw the real Easter Bunny but I did get some candy eggs.
    And what if it does not work out? What are your rights and realistic actions against a company in Eastern Europe if you money is gone?
    If you make a deposit with Cessna, they should be required to hold it in a separate escrow account in a U S bank,and you may have a right to a refund if the contract is not met.
    Will is be that way with these folks? I'd talk to a lawyer and look very carefully at a proposed contract before I sent any money abroad. And I'd make sure the deposit is only a small amount of the purchase price. Let the company build the plane on their dollar before they ask you to pay for promises.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 01-10-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Geez......

If you want a cessna or CT or any other aircraft you pay a deposit and then pay a final payment when the aircraft is delivered. If we have aircraft in stock you can just make one final payment. All of this crap about money in Europe etc etc is just stupidity and shows how much you guys know. Just look in the latest edition of the EAA sport aviation magazine and you will see that nine pages, yes 9 full pages are dedicated to Pipistrel, another two sections in the same edition have the Pipistrel aircraft highlighted.

I guess it doesn't really matter what I say to some of you guys other than you should not be pilots with such tunnel vision !
    Last edited by Michael-Coates; 01-11-2012 at 12:03 AM.

How many pages of publicity were devoted to Eclipse, B D or other aircraft where the hype exceeded the results?
    And Mr. Coates, what is your business background?Have you ever produced and sold any other airplanes?
    How about the other people behind Pipistrel? What are their business histories?
    Are there financial statements available for this company or just your "guarantee?
    And you list an EAA number, how long have you been a member of EAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Coates View Post
    If you want a cessna or CT or any other aircraft you pay a deposit and then pay a final payment when the aircraft is delivered. If we have aircraft in stock you can just make one final payment. All of this crap about money in Europe etc etc is just stupidity and shows how much you guys know. Just look in the latest edition of the EAA sport aviation magazine and you will see that nine pages, yes 9 full pages are dedicated to Pipistrel, another two sections in the same edition have the Pipistrel aircraft highlighted.
    Umm...Michael, you're new here in this forums, but you should know there has been considerable discussion whether whether advertising dollars are driving the editorial coverage in Sport Aviation. I personally don't believe that's the case, but you should be aware that arguing the quality of your product based on the number of pages it appears in the magazine might not get the response you're hoping for....

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dingley View Post
    Another one is the Aerotrek made in Indiana. Looks like a good value. http://www.fly-aerotrek.com

Bob
    Indiana? I followed the link:

"The Aerotrek A220 and A240 are factory-built two-seat aircraft manufactured by Aeropro CZ in Europe. "