Thread: Clearwater police fine the goods

Clearwater police fine the goods

Clearwater, Florida co located with the town of St. Petersburg has good memory for me. Years ago when I flew to my first Sun N Fun, the forces of greed and evil were trying to close the very nice St Pete gen aviation airport. Its unique in that it has water on three sides including a dock for cruise ships adjacent. Connie and Ed Bowlin asked me if I'd join the fly in to the airport to try to bring positive vibes and public attention to keeping it open. As I was on my way over to St Pete a F-15 pulled alongside a hundred yards away but we didn't have a common com frequency to talk. There was a good crowd at the airport and we were taken to a very nice lunch just next door with Medal of Honor winner Jim Howard, former P-51 pilot. Anyway. maybe we helped, and others worked hard and the airport is still open.
    Yesterday I saw a story that reminds me of the sweet spot I have for Clearwater. A Krispy Kreme donut truck was reported missing and local police gave it their FULLEST attention. The found the truck and ate their well deserved rewards but also shared the extras with local homeless people. It gave me a warm feeling.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 10-19-2018 at 03:18 PM.