Thread: When does camping reservation open for Airventure 2019?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When does camping reservation open for Airventure 2019?

Wanting to make reservations for the improved sites(water & electric) for Airventure 2019 but the site does not list next year. Is there a certain time it will open up?

Darrell W

Usually early June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

It would be pretty expensive if you could do it from now since they charge you from the day you make the reservation through the completion of airventure for improved sites. Usually opens about a month before airventure. But be aware that if you made the reservation a month before, you would pay for a month for the site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Here's a AirVenture countdown timer for websites:

https://www.funplacestofly.com/oshkosh-timer.asp

Wow, I was thinking you could reserve a place for a campsite but then when you arrive you claim an actual spot. So it is actually first come first served. You have to actually be there to claim a certain camp site. but you can reserve it ahead of time but you pay for all those advanced days?

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter_ca View Post
    Wow, I was thinking you could reserve a place for a campsite but then when you arrive you claim an actual spot. So it is actually first come first served. You have to actually be there to claim a certain camp site. but you can reserve it ahead of time but you pay for all those advanced days?

Darrell
    Yes, with general camping you can mark out a spot and pay for it at the time (or have someone else pay for you) and the spot gets tagged. On an "improved" numbered site, you can reserve it ahead of time over the phone, and you start paying at the time of reservation. If you dont do either, it is a first come first served upon arrival.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter_ca View Post

Darrell
    Yep you got it. EAA makes a lot of money on the improved sites. Last year they sold out about the Wednesday before the show started. So you got to pay for 12 days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

And personally, having camped in every type of camper in the past 30 years, I find it hard to call it an "improved" site without sewer, just my 2 cents.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org