Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When does camping reservation open for Airventure 2019?

With improved sites, which I've never had, not only do you pay from the day you reserve it, you pay until the end of A/V. And, unlike the other sites, no refund if you leave early. At least this is my understanding. On a positive note, where else can you go and be surrounded by this many people with similar interest and this many aircraft ?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    ..or pay 75 bucks a night and get a dorm room at the U of W. Ample sewer infrastructure there.
    I did that many years ago and while it was great at the time camping on site is much better. My son and I tent camped a few years ago and it was great being at the airport. This time we are pulling my 5'er out from California and can only see it being even better.

Guess i will just get there as early as possible and see what they have.

Darrell Whiteaker
    President - Volmer Club of America

You're right Skeeter, a camper is much better. This year I took my vintage hard side pop up and even that beat the crap out of a tent ! But it's all good, just depends on what your body can stand !
    Bob

At 57 my body stands a lot less then it used to. In my twenties just days before my first visit to Oshkosh i laid my bike down and had road rash all the way up one side of my body and 7 stitches in my ankle. Still went and had a blast. Grossed out a few people but it was worth it. No way that would happen anymore. Just hope i don't stub a toe getting the 5'er ready. lol

Darrell

[QUOTE=robert l;73182 On a positive note, where else can you go and be surrounded by this many people with similar interest and this many aircraft ?
    Bob[/QUOTE]

LOL, Sleepy Hollow Farm Campground, if you reserve early enough. They start taking reservations January 1. 200+ sites, don't remember exact number. but by the end of the day, January 1, they're usually booked up.

I have been staying at the dorm - and really liked it - good transportation to the show- and when it rains I just roll over and not worry about getting about my tent getting flooded. I spent about 10 or 12 years camping with a buddy that since passed away. I have my non- AC room reservation in for 2019.